2011 Lake Cumberland Poker Run Sept 9-11 2011 (WITH PICTURES

Any random thought and item for the Lake

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

2011 Lake Cumberland Poker Run Sept 9-11 2011 (WITH PICTURES

Post by E_ »

Yeah,

Lets talk 2011 Lake Cumberland Poker Run!

September 9th-11th
Lake Cumberland Poker Run
Ranked in the top 10 poker runs in the USA. See over 100 of the most awesome power boats. Live bands! Lots of fun!

http://www.lakecumberlandpokerrun.net/

From their site and as of posting this 36 Days away
HomeRulesFood Fun & RelaxationCourse Map / ItineraryContact Info / LinksRegistrationSponsorsGallery
Lake Cumberland Poker Run…
The Poker Run The Lake The Marina Entertainment Congratulations …is back and better than ever for 2011! Combining the raw fury of over 150 of the country’s meanest & fastest powerboats with the fun & energy of Mardi Gras, this year’s Poker Run is sure to be the best one yet!

We want to make this poker run not only the best ever, but also the best in the USA! But we can’t do it without you. We guarantee you’ll be talking about this one for a long time! Click the links above for lots more info! Come see why we’re ranked in the top ten by Extreme Boats Magazine as one of the best poker runs in the country. This year we’ll have more boats, more sponsors and more fun! The only thing missing is you!
Lake Cumberland is one of the most beautiful lakes in the country with over 100 miles in length, 1,200 miles of shoreline and an average depth of 90 feet. The course is wide open, covering 110 miles, concluding with a gathering at Harmon Creek (the ultimate party spot) after the last card stop.
Lake Cumberland is known as the “Houseboat Capital of the World” and tens of thousands of spectators are on hand for the Poker Run each year!

Imagine 46 houseboats totaling over 200 bedrooms lined on a single dock exclusively for Poker Run participants and an adjacent dock with 125 of the most incredible power boats in the country. During the Poker Run, that’s State Dock.
The ability to stay where you play makes the State Dock experience unique. With 2 huge docks normally used to moor a rental fleet of over 80 houseboats, State Dock is converted into a Poker Run Paradise. One dock becomes “Houseboat Row” and after dark when the Party Barge gets cranked up it’s reminiscent of Mardis Gras.
The other dock is completely cleared and reserved exclusively for the Poker Run Boats. The ship’s store and fuel piers are among the largest in the country. There are nine 100’ fuel piers and four 40’ piers. During the Poker Run we also offer racing fuel. The main dock and fuel piers were re-decked over the winter using composite decking and Ipe’ (a Brazilian hardwood). We installed new card reader pumps and wired the whole dock for with a rockin’ sound system. The ship’s store has an unbelievable selection of nautical clothing and poker run items. Stroll down the rest of the dock and you’ll find some of the largest and most incredible houseboats in the country.

The entertainment is jammed packed with not one, but two bands on Friday AND Saturday night. Up an coming country sensations “Annabelle Road” will be playing Friday night, while Saturday Poker Run favorite ”Caught Red Handed” will be rocking the dock on Saturday.
Bill Kingery will be bringing back his bass thumping sound system and light show playing all your favorite tunes guaranteed to get you groovin down on the Party Barge!

Congratulations to the 2010 Poker Run winners….•1st Place – Jeff Wilson of Hamilton, Ohio with a king high full house•2nd Place – Dwane Hall of Blacklick, Ohio with a jack high full house•3rd Place – Roberk Zubik of Evergreen Park, IL with three queens•4th Place – Robert Lipps of Indianapolis, IN with a three eights•5th Place / $350 – Benny Pierce of Cicero, IN with three sevensThanks to everyone who participated in the 2009 Lake Cumberland Poker Run. Just by looking at the different locations of the winners’ hometowns gives an idea of how far word has reached of this amazing event!
PrizesTotal prize money this year is over $7,000. First place: $4,000, Second place: $1,500, Third place $750, Fourth place: $500 Fifth place: $350
Countdown
<iframe src="http://free.timeanddate.com/countdown/i ... 0T10:00:00" frameborder="0" width="320" height="135"></iframe>

<iframe src="http://www.7is7.com/otto/countdown.html ... Run%202011" width="250" height="365" scrolling="no" frameborder="1" style="overflow:hidden;width:15.6em;height:22.8em;"><a href="http://www.7is7.com/otto/countdown.html ... 2011">Lake Cumberland Poker Run 2011</a></iframe>

...PS Anyone got a covered slip at State Dock for me or a HB to tie off of, if not hopefully a friend will have a hookup at Jamestown for me... lol (private message me please)
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
Dolphin
Marina/Ramp: lake Cumberland

Re: 2011 Lake Cumberland Poker Run Sept 9-11 2011

Post by Dolphin »

Gonna be there Eric.

Great Picture
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

Always great to hear from Dolphin! Hope to see you in a few weeks. :)
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

LC addict
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: JRM

Post by LC addict »

I thought the Dolpin @ LC had become extinct! Been there on the 200 row several times recently and all is quite in the dolpin pond.....
Hope all is well with John and Sharon!
My greatest accomplishments call me Mom!
Dolphin

Post by Dolphin »

LC addict wrote:I thought the Dolpin @ LC had become extinct! Been there on the 200 row several times recently and all is quite in the dolpin pond.....
Hope all is well with John and Sharon!
HahaHa, well took the dolphin up to Beaver Creak today for a nice excursion.

remember Heath and Rachel. LC. :) she was pregnant with her 1st. when we swam over in Governors cove. 5 falls ago.

Now she has Two lovely boys. 4 and 2 that just love the Cumberland.

Actually, we have spent the Past 5 Months touring the country in our Motor Home and on Lake Erie. a Long and extended Family reunion, Vacation. =)) =)) =)) On the road.

We sure are glad to be back on the Cumberland. But have had a wonderful Family experience with the 9 Grand Children. :o) :ymparty: :ymsick:

=)) =)) =))
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Oh lord, has Dolphin started acting his age.
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

E_HILLMAN wrote:Oh lord, has Dolphin started acting his age.

=)) =)) =)) =)) He's just got too many thoughts crossing beams ;) :D
Even a broken clock is right twice a day ;)
Dolphin

Post by Dolphin »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/08/25/fe ... latestnews

eat some more Rice Friends =))

because we are close to food rationing and no one cares. :((
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Glad to see they are doing what they can to prevent it and they definitely need to block any incoming shipments from those countries as they seem to be doing.

Now howabout Poker Run? :P
Dolphin

Post by Dolphin »

what Eric ?

Rice wine You say :))
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

LOL, believe it or not I was truly missing this from you.
Dolphin

Post by Dolphin »

what ? you say there pooo P Boy

You not changed a Bit I see.

That s Good

water was calm this AM. got a good ski run in right before daylight
and before the Local redneck s Like ___ gets on the water to F n it up for the Athletic types still able to Perform

HaHaha
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

Dolphin wrote:what ? you say there pooo P Boy

You not changed a Bit I see.

That s Good

water was calm this AM. got a good ski run in right before daylight
and before the Local redneck s Like ___ gets on the water to F n it up for the Athletic types still able to Perform

HaHaha
=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) Glad you haven't changed either, ya ole salt! :-*
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
Dolphin

Post by Dolphin »

AHHHH and those sweet succulent lips RE3

still warm and Lush I see HaHaha

stop by for a visit sometime Young lady
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Oh get a room! lol
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

Dolphin wrote:AHHHH and those sweet succulent lips RE3

still warm and Lush I see HaHaha

stop by for a visit sometime Young lady

:-o =)) 8-} :x
Even a broken clock is right twice a day ;)
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

E_HILLMAN wrote:...PS Anyone got a covered slip at State Dock for me or a HB to tie off of, if not hopefully a friend will have a hookup at Jamestown for me... lol (private message me please)

Well I have the tie off during the party covered but does anyone have about 20' of open space in a covered slip (away from the party) that I can motor over to for a short nap before heading home in the morning? DJ was very nice to allow me his stable once and it was a GREAT spot to park but with the big cruiser next to it jammin till 6am it was not where one would want to be to catch a few hours of shut eye... i-)
Lock5
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Usually put in at State Dock or Ali II, I can be at the lake in 1 hr. 45 min. But we boat on the Ky River, Taylorsville Lake, Green River. Ect.....

Post by Lock5 »

I think I'm going to be able to help a few out, I have a friend down on the 500 or 700 row and his houseboat is out of the water and won't be back before the Poker Run. It's a 100" slip so it will hold a boat or two. He thought he would have it back in by then but it's not going to make it. I'll have more info in a few days.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Keep me in mind Lock, that would be great to have a fellow LCB to harass lol Just don't make fun of me too much if I fall asleep too early like I did in 2009 lol.

By the way I am hoping you find it is the inner side of the 5 and not the outter of the 5 or the 7 as those spots are uncovered. ;) If it is x100 then I should not be the 700 anyway. :)
Lock5
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Usually put in at State Dock or Ali II, I can be at the lake in 1 hr. 45 min. But we boat on the Ky River, Taylorsville Lake, Green River. Ect.....

Post by Lock5 »

It's an uncovered 100" slip, and it's on the east side of the row. The boat that was sitting there is called Smith's Bottom.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Ahhh, hmmmm LC? You and Jazz got anything for me? I'm always a good taxi driver when you miss the late taxi like last year... lol Just don't let jp cry about what end of the rope he is handing Janasss... lol
imaposer
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: conley bottom

Post by imaposer »

Lock5 wrote:I think I'm going to be able to help a few out, I have a friend down on the 500 or 700 row and his houseboat is out of the water and won't be back before the Poker Run. It's a 100" slip so it will hold a boat or two. He thought he would have it back in by then but it's not going to make it. I'll have more info in a few days.

Could I possibly sneak in there during the lunch break of the poker run so I can walk the docks and look around? The first year I went down we were with another couple. The wimmen folk dropped us guys off and let us look around the docks. Since then, we have had our boat out solo. The wife doesn't like dumping me off and waiting out in the cluster fluck by herself, so I haven't been able to get a close up look at the hardware in years.....
FasterThanYou
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Woodson Bend

Post by FasterThanYou »

Huge news coming from Hilltop Marine and Sunsation for the weekend. I'll post more later but it will make imaposer happy to see the Sunsation Invasion at Hilltop and the poker run

Keyboards should be equipped with breathalyzers
imaposer
Better Member

Post by imaposer »

FasterThanYou wrote:Huge news coming from Hilltop Marine and Sunsation for the weekend. I'll post more later but it will make imaposer happy to see the Sunsation Invasion at Hilltop and the poker run
Trying to work out the logistics for a Thursday night arrival already. Wish me luck.....
Lock5
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Lock5 »

imaposer wrote:
Lock5 wrote:I think I'm going to be able to help a few out, I have a friend down on the 500 or 700 row and his houseboat is out of the water and won't be back before the Poker Run. It's a 100" slip so it will hold a boat or two. He thought he would have it back in by then but it's not going to make it. I'll have more info in a few days.

Could I possibly sneak in there during the lunch break of the poker run so I can walk the docks and look around? The first year I went down we were with another couple. The wimmen folk dropped us guys off and let us look around the docks. Since then, we have had our boat out solo. The wife doesn't like dumping me off and waiting out in the cluster fluck by herself, so I haven't been able to get a close up look at the hardware in years.....

He's supposed to call me today and let me know the actual slip number.
yeehaw
I posted something! WooHoo!
Marina/Ramp: I have found myself using Jamestown marina the past few years. Prior to that I was closer to the East end of the lake using Burnside or Conley Bottom.

Post by yeehaw »

Doesn't sound like the type of lodging folks are looking for but just in case, I had 2 - 2 bedroom rustic cabins rented at Jamestown. A little over a week ago I went ahead and dropped one of them because we lost a few people from our group this year. So there was anyway at least 1 - 2 bedroom rustic cabin available. May be worth calling to see if still available if needed. Again, I know this isn't exactly what is being talked about here but may be of some use to someone out there reading this.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Now not weeks but just DAYS away. Do you think the tropical storm will still be throwin rain up here by Saturday?
LC addict
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: JRM

Post by LC addict »

E_HILLMAN wrote:Ahhh, hmmmm LC? You and Jazz got anything for me? I'm always a good taxi driver when you miss the late taxi like last year... lol Just don't let jp cry about what end of the rope he is handing Janasss... lol
I think we might be able to help you out, will let you know by Wednesday :) Might not be covered though.
My greatest accomplishments call me Mom!
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

If it isn't covered I just as well go snuggle up with Lock... LOL Maybe I should just bring a tarp to throw over the convertible top. But if you find something definitely let me know. :ymhug:
imaposer
Better Member

Post by imaposer »

Lock5 wrote:
imaposer wrote:

He's supposed to call me today and let me know the actual slip number.

Still hoping for a slip number.....Just need to tie up for an hour or so. O:-)
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

I am makin a button down tarp for Goin Tarpless. Think I will have to get a big D to cover the two S's on the name Sat Night. lol
Lock5
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Lock5 »

U2U's sent
Last edited by Lock5 on Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

I got my makeshift button down tarp cover about 45% done last night so I think I'll be dockin with you if ur ok with that. And I will by all means be extra respectful since if I come to that boat its most likely to sleepppppp. lol i-)
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Rob's pics if you can see them (may not be able to since I am just linking to his account)

E_
Site Admin

2011 Lake Cumberland Poker Run Sept 9-11 2011 Pictures

Post by E_ »

Here are the few Pics I took with my cell phone and one I got from LLK as well as some from Dolphin.

In our spot anchored and peaceful Saturday morning after a nice breakfast at Conley Bottom
0910110945a (Custom).jpg
0910110945a (Custom).jpg (63.45 KiB) Viewed 25224 times
Boats running backwards up the course
0910111059a (Custom).jpg
0910111059a (Custom).jpg (65.78 KiB) Viewed 25224 times
Pic by Dolphin
101 (Custom).JPG
101 (Custom).JPG (105.31 KiB) Viewed 25224 times
Pic by Dolphin
102 (Custom).JPG
102 (Custom).JPG (96.26 KiB) Viewed 25224 times
Pic by Dolphin
103 (Custom).JPG
103 (Custom).JPG (91.96 KiB) Viewed 25224 times
Pic by Dolphin
105 (Custom).JPG
105 (Custom).JPG (69.88 KiB) Viewed 25224 times
First Poker Run boat to pass the Fall Creek - Shinbone Stretch
0910111121a (Custom).jpg
0910111121a (Custom).jpg (71.11 KiB) Viewed 25224 times
Pic by Dolphin
138 (Custom).JPG
138 (Custom).JPG (87.85 KiB) Viewed 25224 times
Pic by Dolphin
143 (Custom).JPG
143 (Custom).JPG (83.15 KiB) Viewed 25224 times
LLK caught a pic of us
315012_2403057602472_1432053661_32813078_75241936_n (Custom).jpg
315012_2403057602472_1432053661_32813078_75241936_n (Custom).jpg (78.06 KiB) Viewed 25224 times
Full Moon after getting tied off and ready for the night shift
0910112037a (Custom).jpg
0910112037a (Custom).jpg (44.5 KiB) Viewed 25224 times

Liked the light show on the wall as well as the slideshow on the screen
0910112339a (Custom).jpg
0910112339a (Custom).jpg (61.49 KiB) Viewed 25224 times
Don't even remember taking this one... lol
0911110119a (Custom).jpg
0911110119a (Custom).jpg (55.5 KiB) Viewed 25224 times
The Party Barge
0911110138a (Custom).jpg
0911110138a (Custom).jpg (50.83 KiB) Viewed 25224 times
Waking up 7:51EDT and seeing the button down tarp did its job and kept Alex and JP dry and warm.
0911110651a (Custom).jpg
0911110651a (Custom).jpg (54.11 KiB) Viewed 25224 times
Crusing down the lake headed back to Conley Sun Morning
0911110912a (Custom).jpg
0911110912a (Custom).jpg (55.38 KiB) Viewed 25224 times

Almost back to Conley Bottom Sun to head home
0911111026a (Custom).jpg
0911111026a (Custom).jpg (54.14 KiB) Viewed 25224 times

Here is a youtube vid someone else took
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Re: 2011 Lake Cumberland Poker Run Sept 9-11 2011 (WITH PICT

Post by re3too »

Guess ya know you're outta the loop when ya look at all that and can honestly say "Thank God I wasn't there!" #:-s Glad ya'll had a good time! :ymhug:
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

lol, ur not outta the loop you just like different things that what happened this weekend. ;) Normally I like my lake weekends to be as calm and quiet as possible as well but I like this one out of the year to be the exact opposite (until bed time lol).

PS a BIG shout out and thank you to Dolphin for the great dinner he cooked Saturday evening! It was delicious and thanks to Sharon for putting up with us and also giving Alex a tour of the boat. :) B-) :ymhug: I'll watch that movie and mail it back asap.
RELAX
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Cave Springs Marina where the water is clear and the people real friendly!

Post by RELAX »

Aquabrit and I had a blast watching all the boats pick up their cards at Wolf Creek Marina.

The food was good at Fishtales and the cool breeze under the tiki hut was too nice to describe.

What a great venue to watch all the poker run boats idle by. Not to mention a brief encounter with the Dolphin fish. Ya just never know what you might run into down at the docks :D
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Wolf Creek Marina just posted some good Poker Run Photos on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... permPage=1
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

lol
Attachments
Lock5.jpg
Lock5.jpg (110.87 KiB) Viewed 24362 times
Lock5
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Lock5 »

The guy in the yellow shorts is probley trying to entice some young lady out of her top, the funny one is my brother and our friend Aubrey on the sun deck of the boat next to mine, they look as if they have something tree'd............ ;)
Lock5
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Lock5 »

I tried to reply to this post since Sat. morning, but the settings on this site R E A L L Y agrivate the F O C K out of me when I am at home. I signed in several times Sat morning only to have to re-sign in after typing my response. GRRRRRRRR. [-(
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Blame your ISP, or your router... :P
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

lol good ole post

Return to “General Forum of Lake Cumberland”