Thoughts and prayers for GT's Wife and the family.

Any random thought and item for the Lake

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Thoughts and prayers for GT's Wife and the family.

Post by E_ »

Just saw on LakeCumberland.com where GT's wife took a pretty hard hit while tubing.

http://lakecumberland.com/forum/viewthr ... #pid374739

They turned to find her face down after taking a spill from a tube. Their son was able to get her face up and to the boat quickly. She regained consciousness, and was able to sit on the runabout as it went back to the houseboat. They took her to the hospital where her condition worsened with slurred speech and she did not know any facts about her personal life.
A CT scan was done which came back normal but she had a concussion. She has since regained her long term memory, but does not remember anything about Saturday.

:(
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Re: Thoughts and prayers for GT's Wife and the family.

Post by re3too »

So sad...Prayers for all of them.
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
Lock5
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Usually put in at State Dock or Ali II, I can be at the lake in 1 hr. 45 min. But we boat on the Ky River, Taylorsville Lake, Green River. Ect.....

Post by Lock5 »

I broke my rib on green river on a tube in the early 90's, I never understood the "fun" of them after that. I pull Hayden behind the pontoon with no attempts to throw him. He thinks I'm boring, I don't dig sitting around in emergency rooms and hospitals.
Lisa
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Jamestown

Post by Lisa »

oh gosh...prayers to their family.

We were making a dam run after tubing in Wolf Creek Sunday around 430ish EST when the po po passed us with lights on. We hadn't made the turn around low gap yet, still perpendicular to Govenors cove. Anyway, I wonder if he was headed to help them or were there other accidents on the lake this weekend.
Dehydrated
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

from the sound of it in the linked thread there were plenty. :(
Lisa
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Jamestown

Post by Lisa »

Goodness! I had two 16yo's with me so Frank and I were keeping them AWAY from Harmon (just in case my daughter is like me, lol) and stayed off the main lake as much as possible. It gets crazy on holiday weekends, for sure!
Dehydrated
FasterThanYou
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Woodson Bend

Post by FasterThanYou »

I feel for GT, that has to be painful seeing your wife like that. We pray for a full and speedy recovery.

Keyboards should be equipped with breathalyzers
FasterThanYou
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Woodson Bend

Post by FasterThanYou »

self wrote:Goodness! I had two 16yo's with me so Frank and I were keeping them AWAY from Harmon (just in case my daughter is like me, lol) and stayed off the main lake as much as possible. It gets crazy on holiday weekends, for sure!
We were anchored at the mouth of Jack's Branch after Thunder Run. A large go fast came out that evening. As most know, the worst wake a boat produces is while getting on plane and turning. Well.....he did both. He was turning as he throttled from idle to WOT. Needless to say, his boat threw a wake at the 40 footer that rocked us bad. My cameras flew across the cabin and our food flew across the cockpit.

Keyboards should be equipped with breathalyzers
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

That is indeed sad to hear! Prayers for a fast recovery!
Even a broken clock is right twice a day ;)
DMS

Post by DMS »

Get well soon and good luck!!!
G.T.
Contributor

Post by G.T. »

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. Sorry it took me so long to reply.

Today Monday the 18th, was the first day she was " fine". We went to the houseboat Saturday night, and Sunday as she walked the docks for the first time she was still "dizzy" at times. (this was occurring off and on for the last few days). Today when we got home, she said it was the first day she felt normal.

Simply a freak accident turned out OK....

Our family has a very warped since of humor, and this incident has had its share of jokes, but this truly was life altering for me. We were 4 days away from our 20th anniversary, and I must say while we spent it quite differently than expected, I don't think I've ever had a better one.

Very glad she's back to normal.... however if I would have known that she was not going to remember all of that Saturday and then Sunday, I would have had a lot of fun... :D :D
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

riiight I bet...

VERY glad and thankful to hear she is getting back to normal GT! I'm sure the heat and humidity helped stir the dizzyness up some but I'm also sure it was good for her to get down to the houseboat.
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

:ymapplause: That is good news! Glad to hear she's back up and at 'em! :ymapplause:
Even a broken clock is right twice a day ;)

Return to “General Forum of Lake Cumberland”