Harbor Cottage Maiden Voyage

Any random thought and item for the Lake

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Harbor Cottage Maiden Voyage

Post by E_ »

Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
MarineAssist
Better Member

Re: Harbor Cottage Maiden Voyage

Post by MarineAssist »

LMFAO =)) 8-|
$parechange
MASTER MEMBER

Post by $parechange »

I would love to see it when it hits some big rollers! :-?
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

MarineAssist wrote:LMFAO =)) 8-|
Now,now...that ain't nice! :D :D =))

BTW...did Capt. Don tell you you missed seeing me today? Were you hiding? :D ;;)
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

You bunch of hijackers... lol
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

E_HILLMAN wrote:You bunch of hijackers... lol
Whadda ya gonna do about it...HUH? :D :-*
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

I'll type messages in YOUR message in tiny print scolding you! I might even color it red!
LC addict
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: JRM

Post by LC addict »

MarineAssist wrote:LMFAO =)) 8-|
That would be interesting to tow, did they buy a marine assist membership?
My greatest accomplishments call me Mom!
Lock5
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Usually put in at State Dock or Ali II, I can be at the lake in 1 hr. 45 min. But we boat on the Ky River, Taylorsville Lake, Green River. Ect.....

Post by Lock5 »

I don't see any difference in this and most of the houseboats on the lake, I don't think who ever buys these will have any intention to ever leave the dock with it. There are several Houseboats that couldn't leave their slips if you gave the owner 2 weeks to do it. This is no more than a floating cabin, the only reason it has a motor is because of the rules on Lake Cumberland. If you go to Green River the cabins on that lake are very tastefully done, I have never understood why they can't be done that way on LC, other than it's the houseboat capital of the world and these would adversly affect that business. I would be a buyer for one of these if there was a true community/marina with guidelines on how they have to be built and maintained.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

I guess they did get the dock sections classified as a US Coast Guard approved "hull".
Captain Bob
Better Member

Post by Captain Bob »

We were there while they were building it and later when they were finishing it. As I saw it, it was "bowed" in the middle as if the floatation devices were not properly secured or the framework was not strong enough (it's all wood ). The kindest thing that I can say is that I would not invest my money on that ..."cottage".

Wonder how you would insure something like that? Storm damage, property damage, liability, fire or even sinking (and recovery) would be interesting.

On another note: How would you keep kids (or adults) from jumping off that porch into the water? :-\

Return to “General Forum of Lake Cumberland”