Cheapest way to room 16 at the Lake in a cabin or hotel..etc

Any random thought and item for the Lake

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Cheapest way to room 16 at the Lake in a cabin or hotel..etc

Post by E_ »

My (much younger than me) cousin from around Cincy wants to come down to the lake with some of her girlfriends (16 was her latest count). Their plan was 10 people and mid July but the number has change however thus far the date has not.

She sent me a message on facebook asking for advice on the cheapest and best places to stay with a group that size. I figured first she really needs to stay somewhere close to the water. I would think preferrably in walking distance in one of the cabins like at Conley or Alligator II that are right near the water. The Alligator II water cabins only sleep 6 @ $160 a night. I did see for $220 a night they have cabin X http://indianhillsresort.com/html/cabin_x.html but I'm sure it would be a bit of a hike to the water. My other thought was they surely they needed to be near a marina that rented pontoons etc. (really if one of them had experience I would think they are in the numbers that a houseboat would be the best idea but I don't think any do....)

Anyone have better ideas? What about Rooms at Jamestown Marina, would that be advisable? What about Grider, do they have larger cabins or connected rooms?

I have only stayed at places that sleep up to 6 and my focus has always been narrowed to places that allow pets so I'm hoping somone on here that comes with a big group has some ideas. She has already been looking on VRBO at places. I just worry most of them are remote and not really near a Marina.
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
ProVle
Contributor
Marina/Ramp: Grider Hill

Re: Cheapest way to room 16 at the Lake in a cabin or hotel.

Post by ProVle »

Not sure about being availble on such short notice but you may check out the Sassafras Suites at Grider they do have adjoing rooms to the main suite.
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

Yep, saw that one. Just a little shy of being big enough but was hoping maybe Moontrains or someone would see my post and offer her a solution. :)
Jaybird
Better Member

Post by Jaybird »

You mention houseboat, how many days will they be there and what about a boattel at State Dock if one large enough would be available during that time frame?
LC addict
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: JRM

Post by LC addict »

There are a few houses that people rent in Jamestown and Russell Springs ,google Lake Cumberland vacation rentals and several come up.
My greatest accomplishments call me Mom!
Just Chillin
Better Member

Post by Just Chillin »

I would think a boatel would be the cheapest and be able to handle that many people. Just have to keep it at dock. Maybe they could rent a pontoon with the savings. I would check with raptorlvr first. I am sure they would rather have it rented at the dock than sitting empty.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Yep I think the boatel is the best idea but I wonder how many places will have one not rented for mid july... I did get a U2U from a contact a Grider for her to check with them so I told her to call them and reference the U2U.
CoyneOperated
I posted something! WooHoo!

Post by CoyneOperated »

Unfortunately, my cabin will only sleep 10 max. I did some searching and found a place for rent near pleasant hill. check it out at Vacationrentalpeople.com reference 6701.

Good luck with that size of crew.

Kurt
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Thanks, she did check your place out and liked it but like you said it only handles 10.
FireEscape

Post by FireEscape »

Your answer is Dale Hollow, still a great lake and much more accommodating to larger groups.

Eagle Cove, they have cabins that sleep 12 and it's about a 30 second walk to the water.
http://www.eaglecoveresort.net/

East port marina manages several large privately owned places around the lake so pay attention to where it is located. The cliffhanger at Wolf River sleeps 20+ and is very reasonable to rent. It is just up the hill from the marina which has lots of rentals.

http://www.eastport.info/All%20Cabins

There are more throughout the lake just Google search them.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Thanks Fire, Last message I got from her she is leaning towards a Cabin at Alligator II but keep em coming as the decision is not final just yet.

Return to “General Forum of Lake Cumberland”