2010 Fall Forum Party at State Dock 10/23 & 10/24/2010

Any random thought and item for the Lake

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

2010 Fall Forum Party at State Dock 10/23 & 10/24/2010

Post by E_ »

ImageImageImageImage
Ok everyone the results are in!
http://lakecumberland.com/forum/viewthr ... ?tid=28673

And there better at least be 25 of ya there! lol :P

State Dock IS going to offer Boatels for those that want to spend the whole weekend or just stay Saturday evening.

Rates are as follows:
Admirals (Sleeps 10 - 4 bedrooms, 1 sleeper sofa) – 1 night for $200 and 2 nights for $300
400 series (Sleeps 12 - 5 bedrooms, 1 sleeper sofa) or 450 series (Sleeps 10 - 4 bedrooms. 1 sleeper sofa) – 1 night for $300 and 2 nights for $400
750 series (sleeps 16 - 6 bedrooms, 2 sleeper sofas) – 1 night for $400 and 2 nights for $500
For boatel reservations please call 270-343-2525 or 1-888-782-8336.

The restaurant at the State Dock closes on Oct. 3rd. So, everyone will have to bring their own food.

If the members want to have a cornhole tourney that's fine with State Dock! You'll have to get your own trophies though. Most likely we will have another Spring Forum Party organized by State Dock. (Not sure who is providing boards, E)

Nearly said lastyear we all sat around heaters freezing our butts off LOL, so bring your snuggies! Heck it might even be funny to see a few wearing some halloween costumes since it is so close. :D

A few things please reply.

Do you want to do a potluck? Maybe everyone that plans on going should reply that you are coming and waht you are brining (its ok to not bring anything). I'll update this post with that information.

Attending:
1) E - maybe on 23rd (never know with the new family addition.)
2) Islander_212 and crew will be there ALL weekend :cool:
3)Steve & Vikki Field (Voyager 25)
4) Trina and Tater and Debbie and Jerry
5) wha-pow
6) Rockin Rod
7) Squakmeister :cool:
8) Ahab 79.66666% chance :P
9) ILakeIt
10)LC Addict and John
11)Debbie and Jerry
12)Diane and Steve (So really that makes at least 19 +however many others Islander has )
13) Janass and Paul ____________________________21
14) Dan and La
15) Kelly and Mink
16) Larry and Sue
17)
18)
19)
20)
21)
22)
23)
24)
25)

POTLUCK, other items

Corn Hole Boards (my guess is it may take a couple people brining sets if State does not have some)
1)Islander_212 says will help with boards if State does not have any available.
2) wha-pow will bring boards
UPDATED - Raptorlvr says Corn Hole boards will be in grill area...

Drinks
1) E_HILLMAN - Caffeine free coke :p
2) Islander - Coke
3)
4)
5)

Food/Snaks etc
1) Ms. Islander_212 - pulled pork BBQ with LC
2) Voyager25-baked beans and buns
3)Jazzgirl and Paul- green beans
4) Squak - Crocks of Chili
5) LC Addict and Kim - Pulled Pork BBQ
6)Trina and Tater- tater salad
7) Larry and Sue- casserole of some sort
8) Ilakeit - ColeSlaw
9) Dan and La-
10) Debbie and Jerry
11) Steve and Diane
12) Kelly and Mink- chips, plates, plastic forks/spoons

Dessert
1)
2) E_HILLMAN - more than likely a Cheese Cake Sampler
3)
4)
5)

Misc
1) E_HILLMAN is working on getting some t-shirts for the first few people he sees on the dock when he gets there
2) E_HILLMAN will have a couple Lake Cumberland Boaters Pennants that he will sell at cost and is trying to get another order in in time but that is looking bleak but he will at a mimimum have two on hand.
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: 2010 Fall Forum Party at State Dock 10/23 & 10/24/2010

Post by E_ »

PS, if anyone wants a pennant let me know by this Saturday and I will place an order if it is more than the few I have in stock.
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=3045&start=0
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Cave Springs

Post by Pac22 »

Well I was afraid it was going to be that weekend. Count me out. Heading up to Columbus for the Roger Waters show.
I think this will be the first one I've missed. Oh well
Islander_212
Marina/Ramp: State Dock / Caney Fork

Post by Islander_212 »

_____ wrote:Well I was afraid it was going to be that weekend. Count me out. Heading up to Columbus for the Roger Waters show.
___

Dagnabit! Can't you make it at least one night? I did not care which weekend it was, I just preferred to not have it the weekend of Columbus Day.
Islander_212

Post by Islander_212 »

E

State Dock does have boards, but if they don't, we can take care of that. It will be myself and Kimberly at the very least. Ryan, who knows... We will get there the 22nd and not leave until the 24th. I will bring lots of beer and bourbon. Other than that... I will have to let the boss speak for that. We will have something for the potluck though. I do know we will have a six bedroom boat packed! There are others that are comind. Voyager and his crew, LCA, Jazzgirl and some others on our boat.

Craig
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Islander_212 wrote:
_____ wrote:Well I was afraid it was going to be that weekend. Count me out. Heading up to Columbus for the Roger Waters show.
___

Dagnabit! Can't you make it at least one night? I did not care which weekend it was, I just preferred to not have it the weekend of Columbus Day.

___, that show is only on the 22nd so looks like you are all clear for the 23RD!!! :-p
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

No way I'm making that drive. :ymsick: I will be doing good to get myself home on the 23rd. :D
Islander_212

Post by Islander_212 »

_____ wrote:No way I'm making that drive. :ymsick: I will be doing good to get myself home on the 23rd. :D
___

That drive is no problem. I snuck out of my motel room on Brice Road in Columbus at 2:00 AM last summer to be at the lake the first thing Saturday morning. I was at the drag races and realized I like the lake better and when someone showed up to help with the car, I was out of there!
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

...guess ___ is just gettin toooo old to hang. i-) 8-| =))
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

Whatever, I "hang" more in one weekend than you do all summer. =)) I've built up enough credit to miss one gathering.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

So now you have to compare yourself to me to make yourself feel better. Just admit it your slipping... :p
FasterThanYou
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Woodson Bend

Post by FasterThanYou »

Once again, it's a home game for UK. X( X( X( X(

Keyboards should be equipped with breathalyzers
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

LOL, I voted for something different myself.. LOL I was just the messenger.
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

I voted to not have one as none of those dates worked with my schedule. Looks like it's headed for a low turnout but I'm sure it will be fun. :D
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Well I hope you are wrong and I sure hope you get home and can't stand not coming down and show up. B-)
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

FasterThanYou wrote:Once again, it's a home game for UK. X( X( X( X(

Once again, you are just up the road. Get a DD (or Barb) and show up at 10PM and say hi...
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

E_HILLMAN wrote:

Once again, you are just up the road. Get a DD (or Barb) and show up at 10PM and say hi...
Hey! I ain't drivin' up from FL to take his druken a$$ nowhere! :D :-*
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
TheOneAndOnlyROOSTER
Marina/Ramp: Burnt Store Marina Florida

Post by TheOneAndOnlyROOSTER »

I'm in at this point in time, but we have started working some Saturdays again :(
MY BABY WAS BOTTLE FED, IS YOURS???
LC addict
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: JRM

Post by LC addict »

Not sure about this one, depends on daughter's ball schedule, what we plan for my son's quarter century BD, among other things. When me and Deb talked after the last forum party Bill had decided to do one party a year and we agreed that spring was probably better than fall since we would all be anxious to get back on the water after the "w" word season is over, so I didn't plan for one this fall. Have to see how things go, should know in a wk or 2.
My greatest accomplishments call me Mom!
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Next time you get info like that share it with the rest of us. If I had known that I'm pretty sure I could have arranged something somewhere else and had a date set. I just kept waiting and waiting on someone to announce the fall party and no one did. :| You would think someone would let someone that runs one of the forums know... I am pretty sure none of the admins on the other side knew this either. 8-| Oh well what is done is done but in the future hopefully everyone will share a little information...
LC addict
MASTER MEMBER

Post by LC addict »

I really do think we talked about it, but either way Im sure they dont mind us doing a party there, they just aren't sponsoring the entertainment this time.
bubbles
Better Member

Post by bubbles »

E_HILLMAN wrote:Next time you get info like that share it with the rest of us. If I had known that I'm pretty sure I could have arranged something somewhere else and had a date set. I just kept waiting and waiting on someone to announce the fall party and no one did. :| You would think someone would let someone that runs one of the forums know... I am pretty sure none of the admins on the other side knew this either. 8-| Oh well what is done is done but in the future hopefully everyone will share a little information...
You didn't know State was only going to do one a year? Or didn't know Suz was maybe not gonna be around for this one?
Either way.....I look forward to hooking up with ya, E, and several others for dinner one night soon.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

I knew neither... But more importantly one a year... #:-s

And I too look forward to a fall dinner.
bubbles
Better Member

Post by bubbles »

E_HILLMAN wrote:I knew neither... But more importantly one a year... #:-s

And I too look forward to a fall dinner.
gotcha....i couldn't figure out why you were trying so hard to have a fall party....when we all weren't even expecting one anyways...LOL!
FasterThanYou
MASTER MEMBER

Post by FasterThanYou »

E_HILLMAN wrote:

It would be more like 2:00 PM Sunday. Ain't no way in hell I'll be driving from Lex to Jamestown after a football game. Just not something I do. I'd end up like this.

Our tail gates start about 8:00 AM and last till dark on early games like that. On late games they start at 8:00 AM and last till at least midnight on 7:00 PM games.
Attachments
pidui2yn.jpg
pidui2yn.jpg (27.91 KiB) Viewed 34895 times

$parechange
MASTER MEMBER

Post by $parechange »

Faster you do that anyway. E you should find somebody who has gone to school for this kind of stuff. You are not qualified to set up this kind of event!!! :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil:
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

LMAO =)) I was just lacking info and proper time... ;)
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

I'm gonna have a few t-shirts made for the first 15 or so people I see there (if I make it myself..lol)
(sorry just gonna do half large and half extra large. :P )

Maybe a few stickers too.

Also I have ordered 6 more pennants that anyone can buy that I hope to have by next weekend.
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

What are you gonna do with the extras? LOL -Marine Assist

Dam, he beat me to the punch =)) No offence to those going. Guess I'm just jealous I can't attend. B-)

But Don made a funny and I had to give him credit. I was gonna post the same thing. :D
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

I'm thinking we might be suprised at the turnout. At first I really figured there would only be about 5 of us there but now I am figuring on more like 20 people. (maybe I am wrong but if so I hope I underguessed.) misunderestimated... lol
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

oh and if you were not so old you could attend but I understand if you need your beauty sleep... :p
Islander_212

Post by Islander_212 »

E_HILLMAN wrote:I'm thinking we might be suprised at the turnout. At first I really figured there would only be about 5 of us there but now I am figuring on more like 20 people. (maybe I am wrong but if so I hope I underguessed.) misunderestimated... lol
We should have 12-15 with us and that includes Steve and Vikki. As of now I think it will be and the wife, Steve and Vikki, LCA and Kelly, Steve and Diane, Jazzgirl and Paul, hopefully I Lake it and Melinda and maybe another couple so we should surpass E's expectations and I am still working on ___!
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

The turnout will likely depend on the weather. I still doubt very seriously I will make the trek from Columbus OH to the lake(actually to home, then to the lake) for one night, but crazier things have happened.

If you knew who was going to the show with me on Friday, you would understand. =))
Islander_212

Post by Islander_212 »

_____ wrote:The turnout will likely depend on the weather. I still doubt very seriously I will make the trek from Columbus OH to the lake(actually to home, then to the lake) for one night, but crazier things have happened.

If you knew who was going to the show with me on Friday, you would understand. =))
C'mon ___! You can do it!!! ...but tell us who it is first! You can likely be to LC by the time you get home from Columbus. The weather does not bother me at all. We swam last year during the forum party while crwky was floundering around on the ice that had formed on top of the HB from the hot tub we were in! We would go down the slide into the lake and run like heck back up to the tub!
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Islander is a party machine...
Islander_212

Post by Islander_212 »

E_HILLMAN wrote:Islander is a party machine...
Oh, I wasn't alone... Bubbles was in on it and so was marginmn and his wife. There were a few others as well. It was fun!
Just Chillin
Better Member

Post by Just Chillin »

_____ wrote:The turnout will likely depend on the weather. I still doubt very seriously I will make the trek from Columbus OH to the lake(actually to home, then to the lake) for one night, but crazier things have happened.

Where you going? what you doing? With who? Do tell. :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: =)) =)) =)) :D
Islander_212

Post by Islander_212 »

Just Chillin wrote: Where you going? what you doing? With who? Do tell. :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: =)) =)) =)) :D
He has already spilled the beans to me Chillin. I should have figured though... especially given the venue!
Just Chillin
Better Member

Post by Just Chillin »

LOL. :D Never say never though. We have been known to not always make the best decisions or the "right choice". :ymdevil: =)) =)) :D

For example, remember the time when................. =)) =)) =)) =)) :D
Just Chillin
Better Member

Post by Just Chillin »

And lastly, lol, I would put the odds are better that if we do come to the lake, we have a better shot at making it early sat morning rather than sat afternoon or later. :ymdevil: :D
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

It will be Sat. morn or nothing. Just glad we can crash on our boats if we do make it. :D

PS. No waking me up before 10am or I start swingin'.........jus sayin,,,,,if I even make it :D
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

TTT updated the attendee list... (Sure would love to put ___ and Chillin on that list with at least an 80% probability next to it.)
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

PS, I was hoping she would have a chance to post it here but Raptorlvr sent me a message that from what she has heard there have not been any boatels reserved. IF YOU WANT A BOATEL please let them know asap because the need some advanced warning.
Islander_212

Post by Islander_212 »

E_HILLMAN wrote:PS, I was hoping she would have a chance to post it here but Raptorlvr sent me a message that from what she has heard there have not been any boatels reserved. IF YOU WANT A BOATEL please let them know asap because the need some advanced warning.
Yep, heard from Debbie today too. We have filled one 750 and nearly have another one filled. LCA or I one will be calling and reserving boats as soon as we know how many we will have with us. It should be in the next day or so...
LC addict
MASTER MEMBER

Post by LC addict »

Add to your list
Me and John
Bo and Renee
Diane and Steve
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

B-) WOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ymparty:
Islander_212

Post by Islander_212 »

E

I hate to be the bearer of bad news (not really)... My crew includes all the people already on the list... Poor communication on my behalf... Steve and Vikki, Brice and Melinda (ILakeIt) and all of LCA's bunch is my crew! Sorry for the confusion.... I am working a some others too for the second boat.

Craig
LC addict
MASTER MEMBER

Post by LC addict »

Add Janass and Paul
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Should have a few more pennants on the way. Click here for more info: http://lakecumberlandboaters.com/forum/ ... 961#p24961
LC addict
MASTER MEMBER

Post by LC addict »

Kim and I are making pulled pork BBQ
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

OH NO! None of LC's famous wing dip? Maybe John will make his since it is better anyway... =))
LC addict
MASTER MEMBER

Post by LC addict »

E, update your list please, Cymerscott is out, and add Trina and Tater and Debbie and Jerry, and no wingdip this trip, pulling pork is enough work for me this trip. We will update what the troops are bringin after the wknd.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

list updated...

and I guess I understand about the wing dip. #-o :ymsigh: :((

:ymhug:
bubbles
Better Member

Post by bubbles »

maybe i should just come friday night and bring some! :-o ;;)
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

dang it! lol and I guess you will not be there Sat night.. [-( Everyone will then be telling me Sat how nice your wing dip was the night before. :((

:p
LC addict
MASTER MEMBER

Post by LC addict »

my daughter might make some...but I can't make promises. lol
LC addict
MASTER MEMBER

Post by LC addict »

Here's some more to add to your list
Trina and Tater- tater salad
Vikki and Steve-baked beans
Jazzgirl and Paul- green beans
Islander_212

Post by Islander_212 »

bubbles wrote:maybe i should just come friday night and bring some! :-o ;;)
Yes you should! We will make room for you.
Islander_212

Post by Islander_212 »

E

Kim is Mrs. Islander, so she is making pulled pork with LCA... I will also bring some Diet Cokes and Regular Cokes. Of course I will consume neither... It will be a brew or two and some good ole KY Bourbon! We have all six bedrooms on two 750's full and maybe one or two of the sofas. Our reservations were made in person while at the lake this Saturday. It was a beautiful weekend to be on the lake and the upcoming Forum Party weekend is looking almost as good as of right now...

LCA is bringing her karaoke machine and wants someone to bring any karaoke CD's they may have. I may bring a stereo, if not I will park my boat nearby and we can listen to it. Bring it on!

Craig
raptorlvr
Marina/Ramp: Jamestown Marina

Post by raptorlvr »

FYI The 750 houseboats have sirrius satellite radio on them. :)
Islander_212

Post by Islander_212 »

raptorlvr wrote:FYI The 750 houseboats have sirrius satellite radio on them. :)
That is right! Thanks for reminding us raptorlvr. Do we have cable TV too? I was thinking we did. Some may want to watch some college Football on Saturday.
LC addict
MASTER MEMBER

Post by LC addict »

Well we have had my brother in law and his wife (Bo and Renee) back out on us, so if anyone would like a room please let me know.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

tell them that is unacceptable! :p
raptorlvr

Post by raptorlvr »

Islander_212 wrote:
raptorlvr wrote:FYI The 750 houseboats have sirrius satellite radio on them. :)
That is right! Thanks for reminding us raptorlvr. Do we have cable TV too? I was thinking we did. Some may want to watch some college Football on Saturday.
Sorry to say there is NOT satellite tv on the 750's... But, the two large flat screen tv's will be on in the restaurant area for watching football. They are on cable and will be broadcasting several of the games.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Hey Raptorlvr while we got ya, can you tell us a little about parking? Just wondering since I figured this might be a slow weekend so I did not know if the parking policies might be a little laxed for the event or not or if there was still a shuttle.
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

You know what's funny. Hillman you are trying to hype this thing up more than anyone. Yet, you will likely be the one who stays the shortest amount of time. =)) =)) =)) I know I know, that's how you roll. :p :ymdevil:
FasterThanYou
MASTER MEMBER

Post by FasterThanYou »

_____ wrote:You know what's funny. Hillman you are trying to hype this thing up more than anyone. Yet, you will likely be the one who stays the shortest amount of time. =)) =)) =)) I know I know, that's how you roll. :p :ymdevil:
As our son would say, "YOU GOT SERVED!" =)) =)) =)) =))

Hell, at least Hillman's coming. We'll be at the UK game instead.

E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

_____ wrote:You know what's funny. Hillman you are trying to hype this thing up more than anyone. Yet, you will likely be the one who stays the shortest amount of time. =)) =)) =)) I know I know, that's how you roll. :p :ymdevil:

Yep, I may stay the least time but at least I will show. Heck still gonna make it even though I have a two month old. Made it to Poker Run even though I had a 3 week old... ;)

I have always been one to just stop in and move on but like you said that is how I roll. I hope many people will at a minimum just stop by. I am not asking ANYONE to stay the night but just to maybe at least show up for the potluck. You have tried to make this point before but it has no bearing on anything since that is all I have ever challenged any one to so was to just stop by for a little while. I know many of us have a life and job other than the lake especially since I too have a lot going on other than the lake but I still try to make the larger family gatherings and a couple other events like OSS and Poker Run. :D
raptorlvr

Post by raptorlvr »

E_HILLMAN wrote:Hey Raptorlvr while we got ya, can you tell us a little about parking? Just wondering since I figured this might be a slow weekend so I did not know if the parking policies might be a little laxed for the event or not or if there was still a shuttle.
As long as you park above the two metal sings with the red letters that say "Loading zone only, etc." you will be fine. I'm thinking there is not a shuttle running although we have dock ops employees working until 7pm and they can run the shuttle on an as needed basis. Just call the main dock number - 270-343-2525 - and request a shuttle if you need to.
Islander_212

Post by Islander_212 »

I think most of our crew (if not all of them) will be boating in. There should be plenty of parking.
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

E_HILLMAN wrote:

Yep, I may stay the least time but at least I will show. Heck still gonna make it even though I have a two month old. Made it to Poker Run even though I had a 3 week old... ;)
Just ribbin ya bud. We all know the only reason you are going is to meet your BFF.....well, at least that's what you said. :ymdevil:

"Well just a few more days and I get to meet Squak "

Trust me, it's no big deal. 8-| :ymdevil:
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

I go to see everyone but it is nice to meet people you have never met that you interact with. And you know i never can tell when you are ribbin or not so thanks for the fyi... :p
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

For the record, I'm always just ribbin'. That's what makes this game fun. :D
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

lol, well luckily you know anymore I am always too tense. #:-s
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

E_HILLMAN wrote: you know anymore I am always too tense. #:-s
That's not my fault. You should have rapped up, or pulled out,,,,, something!!!! =)) =)) =))

Return to “General Forum of Lake Cumberland”