10/2 & 10/3/2010 Have one at Jamestown Marina if possible
No votes
Go ahead and have it Columbus Day Weekend at State Dock
15%
10/16 & 10/17/2010 Have one at State Dock even if there are no boatels etc
8%
10/23 & 10/24/2010 Have one at State Dock even if there are no boatels etc
23%
10/23 & 10/24/2010 Have one at Jamestown Marina since they should have hotel rooms etc.
8%
I think we should have it at Conley Bottom
15%
I think we should have it at Leesford
23%
I think we should have it at Burnside
No votes
I think we should have it at Beaver Creek
No votes
I think we should have it at Cave Springs and rent a cabin on the hill
No votes
I think we should ahve it at Alligator II and camp out...
No votes

Total votes: 13

E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

FALL FORUM PARTY! WHAT SAY YE! (POLL)

Post by E_ »

Ok, State Dock is apparently not hosting a forum party this year according to a post by raptorlvr but she said we could always come have a party if we wanted. Islander replied asking if we could have boatels and I did not see a response to that... I have been wondering if since we don't have a sponsor and since there might not be boatels maybe we ask Jamestown if they want to give it a shot this year since they have rooms.

State Dock is great and have always been good but I don't know if it would be our best option considering the lack of into on boatels etc. I would guess they will not have them this time.
I wonder if the restaurant will even be open.

It seems per the e-mail below Jamestown is interested. They are not available the 9th and 10th which is fine since I am pretty sure that is when Dr. N has his forum gathering. They are not available the following weekend and and that might be good too since many prefer to come down every other weekend instead of two in a row. I will list some options below and hopefully everyone will vote.
Thank you for considering Jamestown Resort & Marina for the October
Forum Party.

From what I understand the party would be the weekend of October 9 &
10, 2010. We have a large group booked that weekend so there is not
availablity. We have a wedding booked the following weekend also.
If you have an alternative date please let me know.

frieda meincken
Event Coordinator
Jamestown Resort & Marina
3677 S. Highway 92
Jamestown KY 42629
270-343-5253

See Poll at LC.com here http://lakecumberland.com/forum/viewthr ... ?tid=28633
Attachments
63426-LC-2 Proof3.JPG
63426-LC-2 Proof3.JPG (30.01 KiB) Viewed 18317 times
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
FasterThanYou
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Woodson Bend

Re: FALL FORUM PARTY! WHAT SAY YE! (POLL)

Post by FasterThanYou »

Lees Ford! If you want a drink, it's there. Plus it's close to Rodney, re3, and us.

Can we make it a weekend that we have an away UK game and we are kidless?

Keyboards should be equipped with breathalyzers
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

well it is closer to me too... lol But RE3 will be in Florida by then... =))
bubbles
Better Member

Post by bubbles »

my last party will prolly be at the columbus weekend gathering. but i'm not renting a boatel that isn't going to be at the raft up location. so, there are no correct answers for me to choose from. hope to see ya there columbus wknd! :D
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

lol, this forum is leaning more towards Conley Bottom and Leesford. I really wish I would have never put the Columbus day/State Dock selection. I never really thought people would choose it since most of us know Dr. N has his gathering then and a LOT of the people that would be at the party could possibly be there instead or vice versa. #-o

I really don't understand using State Dock for the fall party at all since there will not be a restaurant open and if they are not doing any "hosting" I am sure there will not be any music etc. You really have to wonder just who is voting anyway... Is it people that won't even show up anyway...
imaposer
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: conley bottom

Post by imaposer »

E_HILLMAN wrote: You really have to wonder just who is voting anyway... Is it people that won't even show up anyway...
You want me to vote for something over there? I won't be there no matter what or where, so I'll sell ya my vote.... :ymdevil:
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

LMAO, that would be my guess on a lot of the votes. I was just telling bubbles normally it is only her, LC, ___, Rooster, me (yeaH I show up sometimes), DJ, Nearly, and a few others that show up for the most part.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

KUDOS to Squak, at least he replied! :ymapplause:
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

imaposer wrote:
E_HILLMAN wrote: You really have to wonder just who is voting anyway... Is it people that won't even show up anyway...
You want me to vote for something over there? I won't be there no matter what or where, so I'll sell ya my vote.... :ymdevil:
I fall into this same category but won't vote over there anyways.....IMHO, this is a great example of the polarization that still exists among the forums, old vs. new, etc. The C Day party was asked about in an open forum and never responded to but it is obvious from FB, etc. that it is planned....for some. Again, JMHO... :| :|
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
bubbles
Better Member

Post by bubbles »

i'm not sure what you're trying to say here? not sure about other people's plans...but mine are, and has been for the last 3 years, the columbus weekend gathering ON the water. polarization?????
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

I think she is saying there was not much chatter about it or inviting of others to join on LC.com so it makes it appear like it is a "closed" group. ;)
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

E_HILLMAN wrote:I think she is saying there was not much chatter about it or inviting of others to join on LC.com so it makes it appear like it is a "closed" group. ;)
Yep! What he said! :| :|
FasterThanYou
MASTER MEMBER

Post by FasterThanYou »

UK plays Auburn at home. Guess where we'll be. :D

imaposer
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: conley bottom

Post by imaposer »

FasterThanYou wrote:UK plays Auburn at home. Guess where we'll be. :D

Louisville?
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Uranus
$parechange
MASTER MEMBER

Post by $parechange »

I am thinkin that Faster will be in the bathroom crying!
FasterThanYou
MASTER MEMBER

Post by FasterThanYou »

=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))

Keep guessing :D

E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

New more refined voting thread on LC.com

http://lakecumberland.com/forum/viewthr ... ?tid=28673

Rooster how many votes do you get? /:) =))
bubbles
Better Member

Post by bubbles »

E_HILLMAN wrote:I think she is saying there was not much chatter about it or inviting of others to join on LC.com so it makes it appear like it is a "closed" group. ;)
WOW......what about that?....it is NOT a closed group but an open invite. Just as I thought!!! And it goes out to everyone...not just the partiers, but the low key people, families, kids, old, young, new boaters, anyone in general. :-o :-o :-o
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Glad you got clarification... With the lower amount communications going out this time I hope you can see how some might have felt that way.

Glad that is resolved and also glad to see that the forum party thread on LC.com is getting some decisive votes. Hopefully next year it will be less of a mess.
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

I also am glad for the clarification. Again, I repeat that that was JMHO but I still am entitled to my opinion that there IS polarization among members just as those who deny that are entitled to their opinion that there is not. I guess I should learn not to discuss my opinion in public and instead message back and forth in private if I want to state something that may not sit well with some. :| :ymsigh:
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

ahhh I'm just glad to have someone that is vocal. I think airing things out (to some degree as long as everyone is civil) is good. :ymhug:
bubbles
Better Member

Post by bubbles »

It's pretty much like Dr N said.....he hasn't visited the site much. I know he's been traveling also. Lot's of people don't post anymore, either place, for several different reasons. Me....I just don't have that much to say anymore...either place. Facebook is my toy now. :D I guess those of us who actually know each other don't really need a .com website to get us together anymore. And I guess because we do all hang out together....we are some sorta "click"......I dunno?! I guess I'm one of the few that can hang out with everyone and all kinds of people. I can go from a family gathering to a naked fest if I wanna.....I just have more of an open mind, I guess. I understand some people are not like that and that is fine too. But I'm not putting anyone down for what they do.....so don't judge me for what I do! :ymdevil:
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

No judgement here but if it were not for you all pursing it I don't know if more info would have been available. ;)
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

bubbles wrote: I guess I'm one of the few that can hang out with everyone and all kinds of people. I can go from a family gathering to a naked fest if I wanna.....I just have more of an open mind, I guess. I understand some people are not like that and that is fine too. But I'm not putting anyone down for what they do.....so don't judge me for what I do! :ymdevil:
#:-s Not sure why this got posted in this topic.....Trust me, as old as I am I have learned to hang with and get along with all kinds of people! I also have an open mind and am not certain why you think I may not. I also can't recall putting anyone down for what they do or judging you in any way. Never has been and never will be my intent to be judgmental. Now if by "judgmental" you mean that I may CHOOSE not to do or say the same things as another, then I am guilty! :ymsigh:
bubbles
Better Member

Post by bubbles »

re3too wrote:
bubbles wrote: I guess I'm one of the few that can hang out with everyone and all kinds of people. I can go from a family gathering to a naked fest if I wanna.....I just have more of an open mind, I guess. I understand some people are not like that and that is fine too. But I'm not putting anyone down for what they do.....so don't judge me for what I do! :ymdevil:
#:-s Not sure why this got posted in this topic.....Trust me, as old as I am I have learned to hang with and get along with all kinds of people! I also have an open mind and am not certain why you think I may not. I also can't recall putting anyone down for what they do or judging you in any way. Never has been and never will be my intent to be judgmental. Now if by "judgmental" you mean that I may CHOOSE not to do or say the same things as another, then I am guilty! :ymsigh:
Does this say anywhere in it that it is about YOU? Kinda reminds me of a FB "status shuffle" I posted in the last couple days....JUST BECAUSE I PUT UP A STATUS SAYING SOMETHING RANDOM, DOES NOT MEAN IT'S ABOUT YOU. AND IF YOU THINK IT IS, IT MUST BE WHAT YOU THINK OF YOURSELF!"
And E.....I'm sure Dr N would have posted the details sooner or later......as he said....BUSY and AWAY.
Not sure why so many people have become so DIVIDED in the last year or so......just don't get it?! :-s
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Ok, kids... lol :ymhug:
Nearly

Post by Nearly »

At one time, there was talk that the Forum gathering would be the same weekend as Dr. Nautica's Columbus Day gathering. Since this is not the issue anymore than what is the problem. People can now go to both with no conflict.

State is offering Boatels which make this event very easy and rather ecconomical to attend. I just wouldn't wait till the last minute to book a Boatel and give them time to get enough of them ready.

I'm still up in the air about the Forum gathering of which I haven't miss many, but my Sister's 50th wedding anniversary is that weekend. Since this Forum gathering is one I most likely will have to miss, I haven't felt much of a right to voice an opinion on the matter anyway.
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

bubbles wrote:i'm not sure what you're trying to say here? not sure about other people's plans...but mine are, and has been for the last 3 years, the columbus weekend gathering ON the water. polarization?????
Ummmmmm....I think this was what started our "exchange". I really didn't mean to start anything but evidently I did. Sorry 'bout that! And say what ya want but I do believe your comments were directed at E and myself since we were the ones who responded to that comment. Then when I replied to the judgmental thingy ya started YELLIN' at me. I"m old but I ain't deaf. Finally....you questioned my use of the term polarization then you used the term DIVIDED! Hey, we agree! :-o :ymapplause: #:-s
bubbles
Better Member

Post by bubbles »

I'm just a poor blonde KY girl....I still don't think I know what polorization is......????? :-s :|
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

Have to make it ofishal that I'm a TOTAL loser. Will not be able to attend THE party Columbus Day weekend because 1) boat will be winterized and stored by then 2) making last trip to OH for family visit before we leave for FL the 17th.

Can't attend the forum party 'cause we'll already be in FL! I heard even that lowlife rockinrod7 will be there! =)) :D :D
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Cave Springs

Post by Pac22 »

L-)
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

_____ wrote:L-)
Thanks for being honest! :|
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Maybe he is just saying he is a loser too since he won't show either. =))

I am gonna hate on him regardless cause I think I saw a picture of him enjoying the lake today while I was cutting loads of firewood, changing oil on three vehicles, sealing concrete, filling cracks in the driveway the driveway coating did not get. etc.
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

E_HILLMAN wrote:Maybe he is just saying he is a loser too since he won't show either. =))
Yeah, right! :ymsigh:

Return to “General Forum of Lake Cumberland”