Get together with Katie and Jefferina..about time!

Any random thought and item for the Lake

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

LC addict
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: JRM

Get together with Katie and Jefferina..about time!

Post by LC addict »

Looks like Jefferina and Katie are coming for a much overdue visit the wknd of 9/17! I'll be taking them out on the lake but thought it might be fun to get together at our cabin Saturday night for a bonfire/get together! I can make some chili or we can have a cookout on John's award winning keg grill! Yeah, I still think it should have been mine, but at least I got the minature version,and have full access to the big grill, lol. I even have a DD for anyone who wants to come over from SD, if you drive your boat over to JRM we will pick you up at the ramp and then take you back..well, not actually we, the DD would be Jefferina, lol. (___ and Chillin, no excuses!)

And for those of you who really want to come to see Katie, but not so much Jefferina, dont' worry...I learned from the last houseboat trip that once the sun goes down he does too ;) :D
My greatest accomplishments call me Mom!
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: Get together with Katie and Jefferina..about time!

Post by E_ »

dang, wish they would have found a place for Poker Run weekend as I will not be able to make it down two weekends in a row. :ymsigh:

you guys have fun! :ymhug:
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
LC addict
MASTER MEMBER

Post by LC addict »

I think you and Julie should come and bring Avery, we will throw you a baby shower! :ymparty: :ymparty:
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

Sorry Suz, not happenin
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

:D It's on the calendar!!! woohoo!!! Yes, a much needed break and visit with the crew :ymhug: Sorry you can't get away E, but it's just very hard to get everyone on the same page at the same time. Probably boat show???

I have made it my mission to get the toon down there next spring/summer and we will stay for awhile... since Jeffie plays golf, that throws a monkey wrench in the summer schedule and I'm pretty happy to just slum by the pool.... so I will have to work on that early.

P.S. Suze, I'm coming, sick or well so beef up on your vitamin "C"!!! lol (and thank you so much for the accommodations and the gathering. :ymhug:

If you can't make it to Suzie's on Sat evening, we'll be there all day friday and would love to spend some time with you!
Even a broken clock is right twice a day ;)
$parechange
MASTER MEMBER

Post by $parechange »

I sure hope many can come visit. we don't get down enough, so when we do I really like to see all the friends we have made over the years. :ymparty:
Islander_212
Marina/Ramp: State Dock / Caney Fork

Post by Islander_212 »

LC addict wrote:Looks like Jefferina and Katie are coming for a much overdue visit the wknd of 9/17! I'll be taking them out on the lake but thought it might be fun to get together at our cabin Saturday night for a bonfire/get together! I can make some chili or we can have a cookout on John's award winning keg grill! Yeah, I still think it should have been mine, but at least I got the minature version,and have full access to the big grill, lol. I even have a DD for anyone who wants to come over from SD, if you drive your boat over to JRM we will pick you up at the ramp and then take you back..well, not actually we, the DD would be Jefferina, lol. (___ and Chillin, no excuses!)

And for those of you who really want to come to see Katie, but not so much Jefferina, dont' worry...I learned from the last houseboat trip that once the sun goes down he does too ;) :D
Suzie

We'll be there... Let us know what to bring! We'll stay the night at the Anchor Inn or I may be camping at the State Park that entire next week beginning the weekend in question.

Craig
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

E_HILLMAN wrote:dang, wish they would have found a place for Poker Run weekend as I will not be able to make it down two weekends in a row. :ymsigh:

you guys have fun! :ymhug:

:( E, I just now seen this, we can't make it down this weekend as it is our "yearly" fundraiser for the Elks Childrens Fund golf tournament on Sunday and we have to be there at the buttcrack of dawn on Sun morning (finishing details Sat nite). Pappaw is playing and I am working.... Closest to the hole, (or pin if you want to get technical) lol =)) =))

I would have loved to been down there and would have slept on the toon if necessary (done it many times). Hope you all have a great time and keep posting the pics! Everyone be safe! :ymhug:
$parechange
MASTER MEMBER

Post by $parechange »

I really wish we could be there this weekend, I always liked the poker run. I think we should make an effort to be there next year. i will harass mama enough so she will not forget. ;)
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

Spare Change wrote:I really wish we could be there this weekend, I always liked the poker run. I think we should make an effort to be there next year. i will harass mama enough so she will not forget. ;)

HEY!!!! This ain't mama's fault! Find out when it's gonna be and tell the jokers at the elk's not to have the tournament that weekend..... now wasn't that easy????? 8-|
$parechange
MASTER MEMBER

Post by $parechange »

UH! Yes dear. #-o
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

It will be the weekend after Labor Day next year. And I would bet the year after that...
Islander_212
Marina/Ramp: State Dock / Caney Fork

Post by Islander_212 »

Well there is a change of plans... for me at least. I will be staying down the rest of the week. Camping at the KOA Indian Hills campground so... I will be here waiting for your return! Now who else is down this week or will I have the lake all to myself?
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

Can't wait to get down, been awhile.... hope the weather treats us right but it'll be all good even if not! :D
LC addict
MASTER MEMBER

Post by LC addict »

Good news! No ballgames on Saturday, Kelly is going to a wedding
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

That would have been ok Suze! I can't wait for friday!!!! :ymparty:
Bryanthead
I posted something! WooHoo!
Marina/Ramp: Caney Creek Ramp & Jamestown

Post by Bryanthead »

LC addict wrote:Looks like Jefferina and Katie are coming for a much overdue visit the wknd of 9/17! I'll be taking them out on the lake but thought it might be fun to get together at our cabin Saturday night for a bonfire/get together! I can make some chili or we can have a cookout on John's award winning keg grill! Yeah, I still think it should have been mine, but at least I got the minature version,and have full access to the big grill, lol. I even have a DD for anyone who wants to come over from SD, if you drive your boat over to JRM we will pick you up at the ramp and then take you back..well, not actually we, the DD would be Jefferina, lol. (___ and Chillin, no excuses!)

We will be there to hang out with friends and like making new friends!! We never can have enough friends . :ymhug: :ymhug: S&V
Steve & Vikki Field
2004 214 WT Opem Bow
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

B-) Can't wait to meet you Bryanthead! It's always fun to put faces to names.... sometimes do business with people for 4-5 years before I get to meet them, kinda the same thing :)
LC addict
MASTER MEMBER

Post by LC addict »

Turning out to be a nice little crowd! Saturday nights menu is as follows:
Burgers
Pasta Salad
Slaw
Hashbrown Casserole
Green beans- if I get motivated, lol

The high Saturday is mid 80's, perfect for a raft up! and the low Saturday night is 55, perfect for a bonfire!
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

Suzie the feast and the weather sound wonderful, but that is alot of work! I hope you are going to let us help!! =;
LC addict
MASTER MEMBER

Post by LC addict »

Not to worry Katie, Im not bringin all of it, do I look crazy??? Oh, nevermind, please dont answer that! LOL

Just in, add those hot sausages to the grill menu, Diane loves those things, but just to warn you...one bite and you will be breathing fire all nite!
$parechange
MASTER MEMBER

Post by $parechange »

IS THERE ANYTHING WE CAN BRING? :-?
LC addict
MASTER MEMBER

Post by LC addict »

Jefferina, just make sure you bring Katie!!! Don't be trying to get her sick like you did the last time she was supposed to come down!
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Spare Change wrote:IS THERE ANYTHING WE CAN BRING? :-?
:-? depends
Bryanthead
I posted something! WooHoo!
Marina/Ramp: Caney Creek Ramp & Jamestown

Post by Bryanthead »

katie wrote:B-) Can't wait to meet you Bryanthead! It's always fun to put faces to names.... sometimes do business with people for 4-5 years before I get to meet them, kinda the same thing :)
:D Same here Katie we are new to Lake Cumberland and we love the people and the lake, can't wait till Sat.. B-) B-)
Steve & Vikki Field
2004 214 WT Opem Bow
re3too
MASTER MEMBER

Post by re3too »

E_HILLMAN wrote:
Spare Change wrote:IS THERE ANYTHING WE CAN BRING? :-?
:-? depends
STFUE! :ymtongue: :ymtongue:
"The language of friendship is not words but meaning." (Henry David Thoreau)
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Cave Springs

Post by Pac22 »

LC addict wrote:Jefferina, just make sure you bring Katie!!! Don't be trying to get her sick like you did the last time she was supposed to come down!
:ymapplause: :ymdevil:
$parechange
MASTER MEMBER

Post by $parechange »

Leaving in an hour and a half! YE HAW!!!!!!!!!
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

:ymparty: :ymapplause: (-| B-) :D :ymhug: :-* :o)

YEP! Had a wonderful weekend on the Old Cumberland and it was great to see some old friends and meet the new ones on land an on sea!!! Had truly forgotten just how beautiful it is! Those who live close are soooo lucky!

KUDOS & Many Thanks to Suze & John for their great hospitality!! :ymhug: Loved your boat Suze, but pappaw is not getting another one! =;
$parechange
MASTER MEMBER

Post by $parechange »

Papaw has already been shopping! She only has 1/2 the money! LMAO!
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Yeah but she has 100% of the.... =))

Return to “General Forum of Lake Cumberland”