LC addict
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: JRM

Los Agaves II now open in Jamestown

Post by LC addict »

In July 10 Issue
By Derek Aaron
Russell County News Editor

A trio of brothers originally from Guadalajara have opened a third Mexican restaurant, this one in Jamestown, after seeing business at their other two locations increase and the demand for authentic Mexican food rise.

Los Agaves II opened its doors to folks on Tuesday and has been busy ever since, according to Juan Ayala, one of the three brothers who help to run the businesses.

"We like to feed people," Ayala said. "We'll have a lot of people passing by here because of the lake so we feel it is a good location."

The other two brothers are Roy Ayala and Miguel Ayala. The three have lived in Kentucky for more than a decade.

The original restaurant, Fiesta Mexico, has called Columbia home for nearly a decade while Los Agaves has been open in Greensburg for about a year, according to Ayala.

Their uncle, who owns a Mexican restaurant in Campbellsville, helped them break into the business and open Fiesta Mexico first.

He said he had looked into a Jamestown location for some time as Jamestown has no Mexican restaurant of its own.

After purchasing the building at 802 N. Main St, directly across the street from Coe's Alignment, Ayala was able to open the third restaurant.

"We have chimichangas, burritos, quesadillas, fajitas and tamales to name a few," Ayala said of some of the many menu items that can be found at the restaurant.

The name Los Agaves comes from the Agave tequilana plant, a tropical plant found in Mexico and elsewhere and has basal rosettes of fibrous sword-shaped leaves and flowers in tall spikes and is used chiefly in making tequila.

The restaurant, which has nine to 10 employees at any time, offers both dine in and carry out options and accept both Visa and MasterCard.

Nearly 30 combination dinners are offered as well as a large vegetarian menu, appetizers, steak, seafood, chicken, salads and desserts, among other specialties. A lunch menu is also available every day from 10:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. with more than 20 options at reduced prices.

Los Agaves II opens up at 10:30 a.m. daily except on Sunday when it opens at 11 a.m. and stays open until 9 p.m. each night and until 10 p.m. on Friday and Saturday.

The restaurant can be reached at 270-343-2152 and the Ayala brothers invite everyone out to try the new local option.

http://russellcounty.net/news.php?subac ... om=&ucat=3&
My greatest accomplishments call me Mom!
LC addict
MASTER MEMBER

Re: Los Agaves II now open in Jamestown

Post by LC addict »

For anyone in the Jamestown area who enjoys good mexican food, we now have one right up from the square on 127. These are the same owners that run Fiesta Mexico in Columbia (one of our ultimate favs) Great food, great price and great service! Unfortunetly no margarita's though!
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Cave Springs

Post by Pac22 »

LC addict wrote:For anyone in the Jamestown area who enjoys good mexican food, we now have one right up from the square on 127. These are the same owners that run Fiesta Mexico in Columbia (one of our ultimate favs) Great food, great price and great service! Unfortunetly no margarita's though!
This is good to know. I can bring my own rita's. :D
LC addict
MASTER MEMBER

Post by LC addict »

We would go to the one in Columbia after just about every LWC softball game, and sometimes just meet Kelly there on the way to the lake. The prices are very reasonable, I dont think we have ever spent over $10 each, including cokes/tea. Im thinking for the price and quality I can't cook that cheap at the cabin, so no more cooking for me on the wknds! lol
Dolphin
Marina/Ramp: lake Cumberland

Post by Dolphin »

Thank You for the Tip, Update LC. we will stop in

Now that the Meeting Place is closed this is good timing
LC addict
MASTER MEMBER

Post by LC addict »

Went there last night! Delicious and wonderful service! I'm sure that wont be my only trip there this week!
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

Nothing like a "Super Donkey and XX for supper!! :D
Even a broken clock is right twice a day ;)
$parechange
MASTER MEMBER

Post by $parechange »

Why thank you dear!

Return to “General Forum of Lake Cumberland”