Marina/Ramp: Woodson Bend

Not Lake Cumberland but.......

Post by FasterThanYou »

Cruiser wakes sink houseboat after Tan-Tar-A fireworks

http://lakeexpo.com/articles/2010/06/02/top_news/07.txt

Keyboards should be equipped with breathalyzers
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: Not Lake Cumberland but.......

Post by E_ »

Wow, that looks like its even a river capable houseboat.. Musta been a perfect storm wake situation. :(
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Cave Springs

Post by Pac22 »

hmmmmm It looks to have a narrow beam. I wonder how many people were on top of the boat when the wake hit. Also said "while rounding a corner". It's possible it was already unstable and didn't take much to tip it over. Either way it's a very freak thing to have happen.
$parechange
MASTER MEMBER

Post by $parechange »

Kate was in the bass boat and I was bringing in the $pare Change to Jamestown when 2 cruisers racing put out a wake and the bass boat went out of site and the houseboat tipped over enought to knock over the grill on the roof and empty out several of our cabinets. They were to close to start with. Scared the sh!t out of both of us. I did find one of them the next morning and we had a discussion. He was an arogant a-hole. But as you all know, I can be a bit of a prick myself. We didn't go to blows, but were very close. :ymcowboy:
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

Good thing for you huh? =)) L-) :p
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
katie
MASTER MEMBER

Post by katie »

That was the scariest incident I have ever had boating..... :-ss

I was literally surfing in the bass boat headed for the back deck, thought I was going to land on it. The wakes were so high that had no motor in the water and obviously no control. Got rid of the bassboat, never like the danged thing anyway and that put me right over the top. I didn't even know they were behind me and I do a very good job keeping an eye out for others. I would have never thought cruisers would come that close to the houseboat anyway, especially one on each side. A$$HOLES, plain and simple. One of them was docked at JRM, don't know about the other one. L-) L-) L-)
Even a broken clock is right twice a day ;)

Return to “General Forum of Lake Cumberland”