That dang world record attempt raftup at Lake Cumberland2010

Any random thought and item for the Lake

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

Nearly

Re: That dang world record attempt raftup at Lake Cumberland2010

Post by Nearly »

_____ wrote:
MissSwitzerland wrote:A friend of ours here at home has a slip at State Dock. We talked to him yesterday and asked if he was going to this raft up and he had no idea what we were talking about. Do the docks not have any kind of advertisements going on or do they not communicate with the slip owners??? Seems to me that if they want to make this a success they would have already had some kind of flyers sent out to everyone.
I thought I saw flyers up on the cork board. Also has a good size advertisement on the dock's website. It's not State Docks responsibility to get the word out but they are helping anyway.
There have been flyers on the counter in the store. Some are posted on the windows and in the restroom.

At Lee's Ford, the dock hands were wearing the t-shirts while working the dock last weekend.

In addition, there was a huge banner on the ship's store window.
Last edited by Nearly on Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WhiteNights

Post by WhiteNights »

The Q&A says the tie up starts at noon, but the offical count does not happen until 5:00 pm eastern. Might be a lot of restless (or?) people by that time :p

Then it says the event is offically over right at 5:00 also? Sounds like the abrupt ending and mass exodus could be a rough free for all if anyone was planning on hanging out afterwards.

At least someone has posted something.
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Cave Springs

Post by Pac22 »

Ok this clusterfock is happening this weekend. Who is going? I want to go and stay on the outskirts just to watch the chaos. :D

Also, how the hell do they expect to inforce a no-wake zone on the main channel? I'm thinking if 10 boats came flying through, how are they gonna stop all of them? Because there WILL be a lot of folks who don't have a clue about this. No matter the outcome, the organizers will call it a success. =)) I just don't see 1500 boats showing up.
Islander_212
Marina/Ramp: State Dock / Caney Fork

Post by Islander_212 »

___

Every weekend is one of these CF's! We all drink and enjoy the show and this weekend shall be no different. So what time are you showing up! You can ride with us.

Craig
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

Islander_212 wrote:___

Every weekend is one of these CF's! We all drink and enjoy the show and this weekend shall be no different. So what time are you showing up! You can ride with us.

Craig
Well, being it's in the middle of the main lake, isn't free, and everyone trying to tie together, it IS different than going to a cove where you get to pick and choose where you are going to tie/anchor.

I would love to ride up with you but I have company this weekend and will probably stay close to home port. Thanks for the offer though. :)
WhiteNights

Post by WhiteNights »

Well this settles it, I guess I am a "little dog" at least according to playin_hooky. I did invite him/her down to GHD afterwards to hang with us little dogs a while.

>>> guess some folks just don't ever get their boat more than a few miles from their slip.

I mean what a rip off, you get to set a world record, listen to live bands and get to keep a t-shirt for bragging rights. All for 20 bucks.

These same folks drive hundreds of miles in their car to get to the lake, spend thousands a year for a slip, spend tens of thousands on their boats and quibble about a little cruise to the middle of the lake for the biggest party ever.

Seriously, if that is your attitude, please stay on the porch like the little dogs you are. <<<<
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

lol, Maybe you need to rent a smaller boat for that day Whitey! =))
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
pourme
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Grider Hill

Post by pourme »

I was a part of the current world record and the world record that will still be intact after this weekend on Lake Norman in NC. It was a GREAT event on of the best weekends I have ever had on the lake.
However I won't be attending this on and doubt I come to the lake this weekend. Need a little break to get ready for bigger and better weekends like Labor Day and Poker Run!
Last edited by pourme on Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Envy Our Past, Fear Our Future...Go CATS!
FasterThanYou
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Woodson Bend

Post by FasterThanYou »

yukyukCARDSsuk wrote:The gas or the 20$ would be no problem, it's the rude and crude bunch that show up at these type of events. No way I get in that deal.
Hey Rooster!!! How many login accounts do you need???? =)) =)) =)) =))

Keyboards should be equipped with breathalyzers
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

WhiteNights wrote:Well this settles it, I guess I am a "little dog" at least according to playin_hooky. I did invite him/her down to GHD afterwards to hang with us little dogs a while.

>>> guess some folks just don't ever get their boat more than a few miles from their slip.

I mean what a rip off, you get to set a world record, listen to live bands and get to keep a t-shirt for bragging rights. All for 20 bucks.

These same folks drive hundreds of miles in their car to get to the lake, spend thousands a year for a slip, spend tens of thousands on their boats and quibble about a little cruise to the middle of the lake for the biggest party ever.

Seriously, if that is your attitude, please stay on the porch like the little dogs you are. <<<<

I saw that too, and got a chuckle. My porch is just fine with me. :D
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

FasterThanYou wrote:
yukyukCARDSsuk wrote:The gas or the 20$ would be no problem, it's the rude and crude bunch that show up at these type of events. No way I get in that deal.
Hey Rooster!!! How many login accounts do you need???? =)) =)) =)) =))
I was wondering the same thing. Wha-pow, av100, etc.... How does he keep up with all of them. =))
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

=))
bubbles
Better Member

Post by bubbles »

well....i DID finally sign up today. looks like a bunch of us are headed that way! gonna be a good time no matter what! :D
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

I am just SOOOO TORN UP that all you West Enders will be at the middle end where I hang out and I won't even get to be there! :( :( =(( :( [-( :ymsigh:

Hopefully you guys will not forget how to get there and will come back again when I am down.

Say hello to ole Shinbone Skull for me!
DSCN1818.JPG
DSCN1818.JPG (789.72 KiB) Viewed 185585 times

And remember, at that spot just a small storm can make big waves. none of these waves are from boat traffic. This is 100% from wind and as you can see the storm is not even there yet. This is what I was talking about on LC.com about it being able to get windy there at times.
DSCN1203.JPG
DSCN1203.JPG (533.43 KiB) Viewed 185585 times
Still my favorite spot on the lake to anchor and chill out (over under the cliff in the river channel)

Here is a lazy calm day under the skull
0814081609.jpg
0814081609.jpg (200.97 KiB) Viewed 185585 times

Now I expect LOTS OF PICS to be uploaded from the RAFTUP sine I can't make it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

The Raft Up just announced a great opportunity to win prizes including one valued at $1,600. It's "Refer a Friend" and all you have to do is have a friend register and list you as the referring friend. The drawing will be held at the raft up (along with other drawings) and the winners announced.

If you are already registered you will get an e-mail explaining it in detail. After all it isn't a party without friends!

Wow they are really reaching now. =))
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

I just asked WLEX TV on their facebook page if they would be reporting on this and their relply was that they certainly plan to be there...

Cool, hope to see you guys on the news since I won't be able to be there!

Put a big poster up saying hi to me! :-P
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

Wow it looks like they just might pull this off. I will be able to pick any cove I want. :D
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

I just really can't see there being a gathering this big and you avoiding it ___. Ride down with someone and save some fuel. Its not a party till you get there right? lol
watt money
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Conley Bottom

Post by watt money »

And this supposed to be the fun site?!! Sounds like quite a few pessimist's to me. :-\
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Well then say something positive! :p
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

E_HILLMAN wrote:I just really can't see there being a gathering this big and you avoiding it ___. Ride down with someone and save some fuel. Its not a party till you get there right? lol
You are right......Believe me I would love to ride down. But an $1800 vet bill this month put a big dent in fuel funds. It would cost me 200+ to make that trek. And, it's me, Kasie, her friend, and our pup this weekend so I can't exactly jump on with someone.

Not pesimistic Watt, just trying to be real. I always admit when I'm wrong. Hope you get the "_____" back on the water soon. It's a shame such a fine boat is sitting dry. :D
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Ahh ___ surely you have someone that can handle that. You wanna come get Goin Tarpless and tow it down? All I ask is that you return it in the same shape as it was when you took it.
imaposer
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: conley bottom

Post by imaposer »

I had no intentions of even attempting getting in to this fiasco, but this past week, I've used it as my motivating goal to get this week of work done and over with and my boat finally down to cumberland this year. At the start of the day, I was calling the dealer to make sure I was good to go. By tonight, I'm just hoping to get out on Brookville for half a day one day this weekend. :((
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

If you fly to somerset you could be there pretty quick and then you could take Faster's boat out. I bet he won't be using it... lol Or heck it is a Saturday, just steal RE3's =))
Nearly

Post by Nearly »

This has got to be killing you E.

Tell the wife she just has to put a plug in it for a half day and bring that "Goin Tarpless down with some real boats :))

Better yet, they have all kinds of medical personel, and medivacs on hand, not to mention we have Bubbles and her little black bag. History in the making. Just think, a few well placed waves and that kid may just come out wearing a life jacket diaper just like it's old man. :))
Nearly

Post by Nearly »

E_HILLMAN wrote:I am just SOOOO TORN UP that all you West Enders will be at the middle end where I hang out and I won't even get to be there! :( :( =(( :( [-( :ymsigh:

Hopefully you guys will not forget how to get there and will come back again when I am down.

Say hello to ole Shinbone Skull for me!
DSCN1818.JPG

And remember, at that spot just a small storm can make big waves. none of these waves are from boat traffic. This is 100% from wind and as you can see the storm is not even there yet. This is what I was talking about on LC.com about it being able to get windy there at times.
DSCN1203.JPG
Still my favorite spot on the lake to anchor and chill out (over under the cliff in the river channel)

Here is a lazy calm day under the skull
0814081609.jpg

Now I expect LOTS OF PICS to be uploaded from the RAFTUP sine I can't make it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Geezzzze, now I know what "resizing" has to do with it!
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

E_HILLMAN wrote:Ahh ___ surely you have someone that can handle that. You wanna come get Goin Tarpless and tow it down? All I ask is that you return it in the same shape as it was when you took it.
Thanks for the offer dude. And if I took you up on it, Tarpless would be returned in better shape than when I took it. Ask Chillin how I take care of his Baja 252. But I really do look forward to finding a cove and having it to ourselves. Been a while since I've thrown the anchor and just sit back. :D
bubbles
Better Member

Post by bubbles »

Nearly wrote:This has got to be killing you E.

Tell the wife she just has to put a plug in it for a half day and bring that "Goin Tarpless down with some real boats :))

Better yet, they have all kinds of medical personel, and medivacs on hand, not to mention we have Bubbles and her little black bag. History in the making. Just think, a few well placed waves and that kid may just come out wearing a life jacket diaper just like it's old man. :))
Yeah...and that's one thing i have not got to do yet...deliver in "the field"! :-o :D
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Not happenin... lol The idea of the mentioning of it would cause me great harm... lol
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

WW. Reminded me of something... Who is going to fly their pennants?

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=729&p=6962#p6962

B-) B-) B-) B-) B-) B-) B-) B-)
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

LC you already in bed at the cabin? lol
Islander_212
Marina/Ramp: State Dock / Caney Fork

Post by Islander_212 »

E_HILLMAN wrote:LC you already in bed at the cabin? lol
LCa is not feeling well and is resting currently trying to get ready for tomorrow. She says she will be there come... oh well you know the rest.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

I knew it! Done poopered out on a Friday night. :p

Oh well hope she feels better. B-)
Dolphin
Marina/Ramp: lake Cumberland

Post by Dolphin »

I Met Two Family's from Indiana that brought there Boats down for the raft Up !!!

Neither one has ever been to Lake Cumberland and , Someway ? They Heard about the raft UP !

I did get a Email last week ? maybe 2 weeks ago ?

and there is a ( poster ) by the ships store

We will sit quietly In Dock and enjoy the Serenity ! Of quiet Bliss :) =)) =)) =))
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

WEEELLL.... WE'RE WAITING!!!!

Did that make it? :-ss 8-} @-) =))
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Here is a vid of the action at 4PM from ~weekend!
http://s814.photobucket.com/albums/zz69 ... 180931.mp4

E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Well Bubbles on facebook said DJ said they broke it!

Waterboy also posted on facebook it was broke!

CONGRATS!
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Here is the current doppler at 6:27PM
Attachments
KY Doppler 8-14-2010 627PM.JPG
KY Doppler 8-14-2010 627PM.JPG (51.53 KiB) Viewed 185449 times
imaposer
Better Member

Post by imaposer »

E_HILLMAN wrote:Here is the current doppler at 6:27PM

I finally was able to hit the water once again, but kept it local and hit brookville up here. Worst thunderstorm I've ever been through on the water. Dang, that was cool. :D
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

pourme
Better Member

PICTURES OF THE 2010 WORLD RECORD RAFTUP AT LAKE CUMBERLAND

Post by pourme »

As much $h1t as a lot a of people gave this idea it appears it was one of the biggest succeses ever on the lake including the boat races and poker run!
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Re: PICTURES OF THE 2010 WORLD RECORD RAFTUP AT LAKE CUMBERLAND

Post by Pac22 »

pourme wrote: biggest succeses ever on the lake including poker run!
Watch your mouth son. NOTHING compares to Poker Run. B-)

It doesn't look to me like everyone was tied together. Especially the houseboats beached up. Oh well, glad it was successful and got this area some good publicity. :ymapplause:
bubbles
Better Member

Post by bubbles »

Well, it won't be "the next party spot"....but it was fun and not too far of a drive since I never go that way anyways. And it was definitely something different to do on the lake! For the record.,..___ you were missed by many. Several ppl asked where you were....you and chillin! :ymhug:
Nearly

Post by Nearly »

I for one will be the first naysayer to EAT MY WORDS.

Of course you can guess who was the first to drop anchor right smack in front of the state Heh Heh. Bubbles was close by too. Looking at the overhead, we were to the right of the boat with the PWC tied to his platform.

Dang Susie and her raft. (Big green circle right in front of the stage),I have an appointment tomorrow for the ligament torn inside my elbow trying to get out of that thing.

Folks, this was the premier event so far this season. If the break the record in Michigan next week, Jasper said it will just give the LC community more incentive to break it again next year.

2200 boats at count, 1651 resistered...
LC addict
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: JRM

Post by LC addict »

Nearly wrote:I for one will be the first naysayer to EAT MY WORDS.

Of course you can guess who was the first to drop anchor right smack in front of the state Heh Heh. Bubbles was close by too. Looking at the overhead, we were to the right of the boat with the PWC tied to his platform.

Dang Susie and her raft. (Big green circle right in front of the stage),I have an appointment tomorrow for the ligament torn inside my elbow trying to get out of that thing.

Folks, this was the premier event so far this season. If the break the record in Michigan next week, Jasper said it will just give the LC community more incentive to break it again next year.

Sorry Nearly! But in my defense I never told you to get out of the raft! I really do hope its nothing serious!
My greatest accomplishments call me Mom!
pourme
Better Member

Post by pourme »

I predict this in time will surpass the poker run if they do it every year. Already seeing a lot of die hard poker run spectators suggesting such. Don't want to get a fight started...there is room for both but everyone can be a part of the tie up.

The thing about the tie is the publicity it garners. I still run across people that say how is it down there with the water down? I heard LC is a mess with low water? how do you boat down at LC with the water down?

Well this will be on Yahoo news, local newscasts in several states, etc.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

I think it is a great event. I know there was a lot of fuss about it taking up the lake on fishin.com though but oh well... lol
inthered
Contributor
Marina/Ramp: Burnside Island

Post by inthered »

Sorry I had to miss it. Looks like it was alot of fun. :ymcowboy:
bajababe342
Marina/Ramp: Sunset Marina

Post by bajababe342 »

Please post some more pictures. We wish we could have been there with ya'll.

I read some of the posts from one of the Lake St. Clair forums, they were a tad bit nasty about LC success.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

I agree POST SOME PICTURES PEOPLE, Go to the Picture thread and load us up!

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=2893
Nearly

Post by Nearly »

pourme wrote:I predict this in time will surpass the poker run if they do it every year. Already seeing a lot of die hard poker run spectators suggesting such. Don't want to get a fight started...there is room for both but everyone can be a part of the tie up.

The thing about the tie is the publicity it garners. I still run across people that say how is it down there with the water down? I heard LC is a mess with low water? how do you boat down at LC with the water down?

Doubt it will compete with Harmon. Not enough ti$$s and A$$ for people. Oddly, I may have not been in position but I didn't see any ti$$s and A$$. Imagine a huge sucess with such. Imagine that. ? ;)
Nearly

Post by Nearly »

LC addict wrote:
Nearly wrote:I for one will be the first naysayer to EAT MY WORDS.

Sorry Nearly! But in my defense I never told you to get out of the raft! I really do hope its nothing serious!
No Susie. Wasn't your fault, I got the hook sign from the wife who wanted me back on the boat LOL. ;) Just razzin you a little. CT scheduled soon.
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

pourme wrote:I predict this in time will surpass the poker run if they do it every year. Already seeing a lot of die hard poker run spectators suggesting such. Don't want to get a fight started...there is room for both but everyone can be a part of the tie up.

Have to disagree with you on this one yet again. Nothing will compare to the Poker Run "fun factor". But then the Y,uk fans always have had less standards. :D
bubbles
Better Member

Post by bubbles »

I agree ___! I mean, as far as that many boats in one place....YES...it may top out all records. But the poker run fun goes on for several days, not just a few hours. But it was still fun and I'm looking forward to next year's! For now.....on to Labor Day and Poker Run! :D ;;)
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

I admit I didn't think they would break the record. And I still say it doesn't look like everyone was tied together like it was for the previous record. But, if they say they broke it so be it. And, if this event happens again next yr, I WILL be there. I could care less about the record, it just looks like a good time and I'm all about that. :D
DMS

Post by DMS »

We were there and DID NOT tie up. SEVERAL people we spoke with said they would have tied if not for the $$$ fee. Bunch of tight Arsesssss. I did try to wave at LC though.
Nearly

Post by Nearly »

_____ wrote:

Have to disagree with you on this one yet again. Nothing will compare to the Poker Run "fun factor". But then the Y,uk fans always have had less standards. :D

Coming from a guy who didn't even "SHOW UP" how do you know how much fun it was? :D :D Just jabbing at ya.

Agree with one thing. Without a no wake zone like back in Harmon, you won't get this many to tie up out in the main lake and I don't know if Harmon is big enough for this many boats. Now place the party barge back in Harmon with Caught Red Handed playing without the stereo "wars" going on and you would have an even better party. The lake makes a great stage, a little hard to dance on, but in this heat, who cares.
jazzgirl831
Marina/Ramp: Jamestown

Post by jazzgirl831 »

I read somewhere that about 650 boats did not get counted, because they were'nt connected. That may be the boats we see in the pic that are seperated. WOW, that would have been even greater, to have had them counted.
:D It was a great day. Glad to have been a part of it. Now we have friends saying they wish they would have been there. B-) B-)
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

Nearly wrote:
_____ wrote:

Coming from a guy who didn't even "SHOW UP" how do you know how much fun it was? :D :D
No need to show up to know it was a good time. I haven't heard one person say it sucked. Just a few that said it was amateur hour for a while, but that's every weekend. But you know me, I'm all about the party scene. So Poker Run wins hands down in that category. :D But as I said, if this event happens again, plan on seeing me there. Like it or not. =))
Last edited by Pac22 on Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
MarineAssist
Better Member

Post by MarineAssist »

Most of the pictures you are seeing posted were taken before the official count was done. All of the lines of boats but one was pulled in together and tied. I almost got fenced in when I was loaning the people a pump for their ski boat that was taking on water by the bachlorette party.

There was a total of ~2200 boats participating. The ~600 that did not count for the official number were not counted either because they were not connected, or there was no one on board. There had to be a person on board for the boat to count, even if it was rafted and registered.

The houseboats on the shore were connected with long lines just before the count. I guess they were expecting more houseboats to beach in between, so there were some gaps, but they were tied together for the count.
pourme
Better Member

Post by pourme »

Nearly wrote:
_____ wrote:

Coming from a guy who didn't even "SHOW UP" how do you know how much fun it was? :D :D Just jabbing at ya.

Agree with one thing. Without a no wake zone like back in Harmon, you won't get this many to tie up out in the main lake and I don't know if Harmon is big enough for this many boats. Now place the party barge back in Harmon with Caught Red Handed playing without the stereo "wars" going on and you would have an even better party. The lake makes a great stage, a little hard to dance on, but in this heat, who cares.
Well if you go back to my posts I was a part of the one on Lake Norman and I stated it was on of the best weekends ever on a Lake. The reports from this raft up are nothing but positive. I think I only saw one complaint on LC.com, here and facebook. Also many people are actually saying they liked it better than poker run.
I think there is a reason all the marinas united for the raft up. Over the years boats in the Poker Run are declining, there have been deaths, etc. Marinas will never admit it but I think the raft up is better publicity and advertisement for the lake than the poker run.
Poker run is great and will always be around but if they keep this raft up going i can see the thing getting upwards of 3000 boats based on how well organized, etc it was this year. I will be there next year so make it 1652 at least!
WhiteNights

Post by WhiteNights »

Eventually I was going to have to come out of hiding :) and say how surprised (and wrong) I am it turned out as well as it did. Congrats to all that made the trip and set the record, it sure did look like a great day, weather could not have been better for this.

However, I would still like to see it done closer to the main marinas. They mentioned that not as many houseboats showed up, well I wondered how many would make the 20-30 mile trip to begin with, and how many would have if it was 10 miles or so? Cruisers looked like a good turn out, but I can say that many more would show up if held closer. Our regular group of 10-20 from GHD would go for sure if closer.

So how about bring it down towards State/Jamestown or Mouth of Beaver next year?
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

I thought it was lacking in with houseboats as well. I would think that Conley has the most houseboats of any marina on the lake and being so close to it one would have certainly expected more. I still don't think this thing was markets enough and EARLY enough... Maybe next year with the news coverage (after it happened) it will be a bigger deal and more can plan for it. Of course maybe the reason a lot of people get a houseboat is to be able to get away by themselves....
imaposer
Better Member

Post by imaposer »

I'm another who thought this thing was going to fall completely on it's face and have to admit I was wrong. Good onya to all involved.
I'll also say I'm another vote for moving this thing further down the lake to the "big" end to boost attendance, but not so far as past state dock. Move it ten miles further down, somewhere near the mouth of harmon and I think those on the far west end of the lake would be willing to make the trip, and those on the far east would still make it.
I'm in for it next time they have it. And to make up for missing this time, I'll register my canoe too. Just throw it on the roof of the truck, stick it on the 'toon, then throw it and the kids out behind us in it at the right time. :)
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

I too thought Camp Earl Wallace would be a good spot but I think they need more room to beach. The spot at CEW is a bit steeper... Of course most houseboats have a good anchor...
imaposer
Better Member

Post by imaposer »

What do they need the beach for?
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Not sure imaposer. I figured is was because many do not anchor but just rope to the shoreline.
watt money
Better Member

Post by watt money »

The location at Shinbone with the beach and vehicle access sure would have made it easier in case of a catastrophe where they needed to transport people. Don't know if that was part of the reasoning. But no matter where they do it next year I'll be there again.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Very good point Watt, I would say that plus the beach plus being in the middle of the lake added together made the decision.
watt money
Better Member

Post by watt money »

_____ wrote:
E_HILLMAN wrote: Hope you get the "_____" back on the water soon. It's a shame such a fine boat is sitting dry. :D
Hey ___ thought I'd let you know I'm starting work on the Pachanga tomorrow maybe back on the water by poker run. I'll look ya up if ya want to take a drive for old times sake. B-)
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER

Post by Pac22 »

That would be great :D . Definately keep me posted.
watt money
Better Member

Post by watt money »

Hey ___ got the Pachanga back from the fiberglass guy on Sunday and had her fired up today. Fired right up on 4 year old gas. Got to replace the impeller and replace the stereo and electronics that got installed in the cruiser and I'll be back on the water. I'm really excited that i'll actually be able to go more than 30mph and be able to afford to leave White Oak after 4 years (the cruiser is a gas pig as I know you know) and see the lake again. I'll give you shout when I get her back to the lake. PS sorry about the hijack E
Attachments
pachana.JPG
pachana.JPG (167.65 KiB) Viewed 185105 times
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Sorry about the hijack? =)) That is what we do! ;) B-)
watt money
Better Member

Post by watt money »

Cool, I was recently accused of being a hijacker on LC.com, I'll get used to relaxing a little more over here. B-)

Return to “General Forum of Lake Cumberland”