Houseboating!

Any random thought and item for the Lake

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

Lisa
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: Jamestown

Houseboating!

Post by Lisa »

Hey y'all!! Its been awhile and I am glad to see this forum is still up and running! I've kept in touch with some of you on Facebook, the new playground (when you gonna join ___?) lol

Anyway, I'm so excited its boating season and hope to see everyone soon. I'll keep checking here for the raft ups!

In the 12+ years Frank and i have been coming to the lake, we've never done the houseboat thing, so we have decided to do a family vaycay before my baby boy goes off to UK in the fall. We are renting in June and I wondered if anyone would share some good spots or any tips you might have. I really like the coves in Beaver, and I partied twice on the Sparechange in a nice cove across the lake from low gap. I've heard the water is back up to the tree line so I'm guessing we won't beach but tie up in the trees. I really don't know as I have never done this before so any thoughts, tips, suggestions are much appreciated. We will be coming out of Jamestown. Thanks!! and see ya on the water!
Dehydrated
Pac22
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Cave Springs

Re: Houseboating!

Post by Pac22 »

selfmedicated wrote:Hey y'all!! Its been awhile and I am glad to see this forum is still up and running! I've kept in touch with some of you on Facebook, the new playground (when you gonna join ___?) lol
=)) Not happening. As far as I'm concerned, it's no "playground". I hear too many negatives about it.
Anyway, the water is not at the tree line. I expect it to be back down to close to 680 by the time you take your trip. Just pick a cove, any cove. But yes, the one across from low gap is great. Also if you can get the one at the mouth of Beaver, you will be in heaven. :D
$parechange
MASTER MEMBER

Re: Houseboating!

Post by $parechange »

If you can get the one across from Low Gap it is the best. The island out front stops all the waves, so nothing but calm water all the way back. That was our favorite spot always.

Return to “General Forum of Lake Cumberland”