Boat fire at Needle Point

Any random thought and item for the Lake

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

MarineAssist
Better Member

Boat fire at Needle Point

Post by MarineAssist »

Tonight (10-21-09) there was a reported "large boat on fire" at the Needle Point area of Fishing Creek. This is about halfway between the main lake and Lee's Ford Marina. It was going on right about dark. The Nancy Fire Department called Jamestown for the fire boat, but it was too far to respond at a little over an hour run to get there.

I hope all are OK. I never heard a distress call on the marine radio.

For that to happen this time of year, mid week, you are pretty much on your own out there. That is a scary thought.

I have not heard anymore yet.
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: Boat fire at Needle Point

Post by E_ »

Yikes Don!!!! Hopefully everyone is ok. :(
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
crwky

Post by crwky »

Keep us posted. Hope everyone is ok
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

Wonder if COnley sent their boat
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
MarineAssist
Better Member

Post by MarineAssist »

I doubt very seriously Conley's boat would get there any sooner than the Jamestown one, being a pontoon. The Jamestown boat will run about 45 MPH or so, not to mention there is probably no one on staff at Conley this time of year in the evening to run it.

If there is a boat fire here this time of year that got out of control, you can pretty much figure the boat burned to the waterline and sank, unless it is close to the west end somewhere or in a marina where there is actually worthwhile fire fighting equipment and someone there to use it.

I just hope the people got off safely, were able to swim/float to the bank and then got picked up. The alternative would not be good.

The report of the incident was sketchy at best. No one seemed to be able to say how big the boat was or what type, only a large boat on fire.
TheOneAndOnlyROOSTER
Marina/Ramp: Burnt Store Marina Florida

Post by TheOneAndOnlyROOSTER »

Prayers sent to them, hope all is well...
MY BABY WAS BOTTLE FED, IS YOURS???
TheOneAndOnlyROOSTER
Marina/Ramp: Burnt Store Marina Florida

Post by TheOneAndOnlyROOSTER »

Herre is the latest from MarineAssist on the boat fire...

MarineAssist

Master Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Member Is Online

Mood: Tow, tow, tow your boat....
posted on 10-22-2009 at 09:53 AM

Last report I heard was a big fire on a smaller boat. Pulaski County Fire ended up saying they were handling it. That was the least I heard.
MY BABY WAS BOTTLE FED, IS YOURS???
LC addict
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: JRM

Post by LC addict »

I watched a cruiser go down in flames in Beaver Creek some years back.....a small boat was racing around it trying to splash a wake up on it....very sad situation...just kinda feel helpless watching and not able to do anything. But honestly, it went up in flames so quick I dont know that a fireboat would have done any good at all.
My greatest accomplishments call me Mom!

Return to “General Forum of Lake Cumberland”