Lake Cumberland Marinas

Any random thought and item for the Lake

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

Bjohns06
I posted something! WooHoo!

Lake Cumberland Marinas

Post by Bjohns06 »

Hi all, I'm new to this forum and a new Lake Cumberland boater. I just bought a boat that I plan to slip in a marina next summer, but I'm having trouble deciding which marina to choose? I would appreciate hearing about your experiences at various marinas. Services, amenities, staff, atmosphere, etc. etc. I'll be driving down from Northern KY on weekends, but drive time and costs aren't huge factors to me... Thanks in advance!
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: Lake Cumberland Marinas

Post by E_ »

What are you looking for? Quiet? Big Parties? do a few rocks from waves in the middle of the night bother you, etc. etc.
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
Bjohns06
I posted something! WooHoo!

Post by Bjohns06 »

I would say big or moderate partying, occasional live music, ideally good food, safe and secure, good wifi/amenties, easy parking/dock access. Rocking waves not really an issue for me. Currently leaning toward Wolf Creek/Jamestown/StateDock rather than those closer to Somerset, but I'm open...
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

This is really sounding like State Dock to me. Maybe Nearly will chime in.
Pop-O
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: State Dock/Punkin Creek

Post by Pop-O »

Just got our contracts from SD. Pricing me out of boating. 12,000 for Houseboat and pontoon. Process starting to sell out and move on to bigger and better things. Over 30 years boating. Too old and too expensive. A lot of you know my boats, as we stand now I'm out.
I have taken the road least traveled................and now I am freakin LOST !
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

:-(
No Patience
Marina/Ramp: Grider Hill

Post by No Patience »

Pop-O wrote:Just got our contracts from SD. Pricing me out of boating. 12,000 for Houseboat and pontoon. Process starting to sell out and move on to bigger and better things. Over 30 years boating. Too old and too expensive. A lot of you know my boats, as we stand now I'm out.
Have yo thought about Grider. I know it is not nice like State but the people are friendly.
Pop-O
Better Member
Marina/Ramp: State Dock/Punkin Creek

Post by Pop-O »

Pretty well set on hangin it up. Gettin old and really starting to feel it. It's a lot of work trying to keep a couple of boats and a home going.
I have taken the road least traveled................and now I am freakin LOST !
No Patience
Marina/Ramp: Grider Hill

Post by No Patience »

Pop-O wrote:Pretty well set on hangin it up. Gettin old and really starting to feel it. It's a lot of work trying to keep a couple of boats and a home going.
I know how you feel been thinking of sell the house boat and buying a camper.

Return to “General Forum of Lake Cumberland”