Friends Reunion This Weekend - Advice

Any random thought and item for the Lake

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

Beanery34
I posted something! WooHoo!

Friends Reunion This Weekend - Advice

Post by Beanery34 »

Hello all!

Myself and about 10 friends are having a small high school reunion on Lake Cumberland this weekend. We are all in our early 30s and rented a Houseboat from Beaver Creek Marina. We will be on the Lake Friday night- Sunday.

Does anyone have any advice as to where we should go? We heard there is the Thunder Run this weekend. We want to be where the action is and where a lot of young people will have their boats tied up.

Thank you in advance for your advice!
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: Friends Reunion This Weekend - Advice

Post by E_ »

Well most of the action would be closer to Grider Hill and 76 Falls but that is a long possibly expensive cruise on a houseboat.
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
Lock5
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: Usually put in at State Dock or Ali II, I can be at the lake in 1 hr. 45 min. But we boat on the Ky River, Taylorsville Lake, Green River. Ect.....

Post by Lock5 »

Thunder Run, you want to be at the Falls. Pool your resources......get the fuel and enjoy the scenery..........
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

This might help on planning 18 miles to 76 Falls
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... permPage=1
Attachments
Mileage.jpg
Mileage.jpg (91.9 KiB) Viewed 3502 times
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
No Patience
Marina/Ramp: Grider Hill

Post by No Patience »

76 Falls just get an early start Friday.
Beanery34
I posted something! WooHoo!

Post by Beanery34 »

Thank you. Sounds like Grinder Hill Marina area is the best bet to tie up and party Friday - Sunday. How long a drive is that from Beaver Creek (roughly on a houseboat)?

Any other advice?
TheOneAndOnlyROOSTER
Marina/Ramp: Burnt Store Marina Florida

Post by TheOneAndOnlyROOSTER »

Beanery34 wrote:Thank you. Sounds like Grinder Hill Marina area is the best bet to tie up and party Friday - Sunday. How long a drive is that from Beaver Creek (roughly on a houseboat)?

Any other advice?
We have a 16'X82' houseboat, we average 3mph.-5mph. in it. most people in rentals hammer them down usually burn a lot of gas and really don't go that much faster. Plan on 3-4 hours. I know we'd plan on more.
MY BABY WAS BOTTLE FED, IS YOURS???

Return to “General Forum of Lake Cumberland”