Suggestions for wedding photographer and caterer?

For customers and slip holders of Grider Hill Marina

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

dramateach
I posted something! WooHoo!

Suggestions for wedding photographer and caterer?

Post by dramateach »

Hello, I'm new to the forum. I'm looking for barbecue caterers and wedding photographer for a casual lake wedding ceremony at Grider HIll. Someone mentioned Fat Man's Barbecue but the number on the internet is not correct. If anyone has any suggestions for a caterer or wedding photographer, I'd really appreciate it.
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: Suggestions for wedding photographer and caterer?

Post by E_ »

Welcome to the forum. We have had a few members get married on Lake Cumberland but I am not sure if they used a professional caterer or photographer. Hopefully some will chime in. :)
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
badluck
Marina/Ramp: Halcomb's Landing and/or State Dock

Post by badluck »

Hubby and I got married back in Pumpkin Creek, 5 yrs or so ago. For a photographer, I used a local photography student. I got the reference from someone on a wedding forum. I do remember though, that the DNR officer from the Albany area has a son who was also an up incoming photographer at that time. Maybe E. Hillman - can help a little more with getting you in touch with him. I don't know his lc.com screen name. I was also referred to Wade Upchurch 606-278-0054. Again not sure if it is still a good contact.

As far as food... I catered my own with help from family. Jamestown marina restaurant will cater, but I think you have to rent their party area. There is the BBQ place in Jamestown (270) 343-2273. Also, the State Dick normally has someone that has a BBQ stand at the Poker Run. Maybe call them and see if SD can put you in contact with their vendor.

Again, these are old contacts, so they may not be a good source anymore. Planning a lake wedding is difficult because there aren't as many resources but I think it was worth the hassle. (:

I've got lots of family in the area, so if you have any other questions let me know.
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

Thanks Badluck!
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
No Patience
Marina/Ramp: Grider Hill

Post by No Patience »

I have a friend who has a boat at Grider and he is a photographer. I do not know if he would be interested or not. I can ask him if I knew the date and see and then get you his Number. just let me know.
imagemaker72

Post by imagemaker72 »

Hello,

My friend informed me you were looking for a wedding photographer. I am freelance photographer Brian Bergeron. I am at GHM at slip 386. You can call me at 937-416-4899. I am a retired wedding photographer but still photograph many events. My website is BergeronPhotography.me. It is being revamped but has a link to my old site at Photo Reflect. Let me know your date and time. I will check my schedule. I will also need to know what you are expecting from me.

Thanks for this opportunity.
Brian Bergeron
Bergeron Photography
937-416-4899
[email protected]
www.bergeronphotography.me
imagemaker72

Post by imagemaker72 »

erwertwet
Last edited by imagemaker72 on Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dramateach

Post by dramateach »

Thanks for the info everyone. I had found a photographer in Richmond willing to come to Grider, so I booked her last week. Thanks, Brian. I wish I had found you earlier, but hopefully there will be more occasions/ opportunities to get your expertise in the future. I still haven't solved the bbq catering yet. Does anyone know if Sonny's in Somerset caters that far? We are having a casual ceremony for around 30 guests.

Return to “Grider Hill”