No Ski Zone

For customers and slip holders of the Alligator I ramp area.

Moderators: E_, LC addict, FasterThanYou, crwky

CrewRest
I posted something! WooHoo!
Marina/Ramp: Alligator I

No Ski Zone

Post by CrewRest »

Anyone know if the Corp or County is going to put new No Ski markers out? Last weekend there was people wake boarding and doing circles 200 yards out and making recovering our boat a nightmare. Their wake was making our boat slam up and down and side to side on the trailer.

Or who do I need to ask to put in new markers?
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Re: No Ski Zone

Post by E_ »

Email the Corp and also engage Russell County. Good point at a ramp that busy one would think that its common sense but since many lack that they need their sign.
Buy American, the job you save just might be your own.
CrewRest

Post by CrewRest »

ShoreNuff- As you know, common sense.. isn't. Boater Courtesy is becoming rarer these day too.
I got an email out to the Corp, and the Co Judge Exc this evening. I'll let everyone know if I hear anything back from either office.
Last edited by CrewRest on Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
E_
Site Admin
Marina/Ramp: Currently mostly out of Jamestown but spend a lot of time at the other Marinas.

Pre2012-Conley Bottom Mostly, Waitsboro, Alligator I&II ramps, Leesford, Pulaski County Park (when it has water), Grider, State Dock (via boat), and Jamestown are a few places you might find me.

Post by E_ »

Maybe some others that use that ramp as well, like Nervous Wreck and Islander 212 will join you in your cause..
Nervous Wreck
MASTER MEMBER
Marina/Ramp: old Alli-1

Post by Nervous Wreck »

E_ wrote:Maybe some others that use that ramp as well, like Nervous Wreck and Islander 212 will join you in your cause..
Yup, that is my ramp of choice. Be glad to assist.
What are the e-mail addresses I can respond to? Thanks
kbmaxum

Post by kbmaxum »

We are interested in getting a no ski zone as well. Will contact the Corp and Russell County.
CrewRest

Post by CrewRest »

All, below is the contact information for the Russell County Judge/Executive. I pulled it from http://www.kcjea.org/russell.html . He actually called me back today and advised that he would be contacting the Corp for us to get new No Ski Marker Buoys put in.

Gary D. Robertson
P. O. Box 397
Jamestown, KY 42629
E-mail:[email protected]

Here is the website you can email the Corp in Sommerset-- http://www.lrn.usace.army.mil/Contact/ContactaLake.aspx

I appreciate all the help you guys can give by contacting both the Corp and Co Judge's Office. Again, Mr Robertson has said he will assist us. Maybe give him a word of thanks in advance.
E_
Site Admin

Post by E_ »

Return to “Alligator I”